The Student Room Group

Motivation - Chemistry y13

Hi guys,

Basically I’m predicted an A* but in this recent exam overall I got a D in chemistry. It’s was acids and bases and some stuff from the end of year 12. I don’t know why I am doing so bad, I went through all my mistakes and they’re were so silly. I don’t even find this topic hard and I don’t find chemistry hard.

I just don’t know what’s happened. I find chemistry relatively ok and I was getting As though out yr 12 but in this exam I’ve done terrible. I feel so down and low but I’m still revising and carrying on cause mocks are in January and I don’t have an option.

I know and I believe that I can get an A* and it is something achievable. I’m gonna speak to my teacher on Wednesday and ask where I’m going wrong. Does anyone have any advice ?
Original post by lightbulb22
Hi guys,

Basically I’m predicted an A* but in this recent exam overall I got a D in chemistry. It’s was acids and bases and some stuff from the end of year 12. I don’t know why I am doing so bad, I went through all my mistakes and they’re were so silly. I don’t even find this topic hard and I don’t find chemistry hard.

I just don’t know what’s happened. I find chemistry relatively ok and I was getting As though out yr 12 but in this exam I’ve done terrible. I feel so down and low but I’m still revising and carrying on cause mocks are in January and I don’t have an option.

I know and I believe that I can get an A* and it is something achievable. I’m gonna speak to my teacher on Wednesday and ask where I’m going wrong. Does anyone have any advice ?

Get some perspective and stop overreacting.

Clearly if they were silly mistakes then you had lost focus and werent paying attention.
You have seen where the mistakes were, so just do a few practice papers to get it out of your system. Its not a big deal and plenty of time to put things right.

Quick Reply

Latest