Am I overreacting or is my mum disrespectful af?

Watch
Curlyhair__
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’m chilling in my room & my mum walks in to tell me that my room is a mess ,to which I dismissed her response because I was avoiding a long lecture. When I did that my mum responded I’m insecure because I can’t take criticism and that offended and hurt me because that had no correlation to what she was talking about and the situation at hand ,she also brought up a situation where I was offended by a harsh teachers attitude towards me , because I got offended by that teacher she said it explains that I’m insecure . To me I feel hurt because I felt like she was trying to bring me down for no reason all because of a slightly messy room she decided to bring up scenarios that i didn’t like to be malicious .Am I being too sensitive & is my mum in the right or nah ?
Last edited by Curlyhair__; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
lol every mum is like that. My mum does that as well but it’s because she gets rlly annoyed so she starts saying stuff. Don’t take it personally
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
my mum calls me a wh*re, says I am good for nothing and verbally abuses me to the point I cry and my mental health deteriorated because of it. Tbh I think you are lucky
007Ruby007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mums only want the best of you tbh. Learnt from experience. Things may seem harsh in the moment but later on when you ponder over the situation, you’ll know she only did it for the better.
Just say ‘okay’ and don’t argue back. It will prevent all the verbal crap from both sides.
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Curlyhair__)
So I’m chilling in my room & my mum walks in to tell me that my room is a mess ,to which I dismissed her response because I was avoiding a long lecture. When I did that my mum responded I’m insecure because I can’t take criticism and that offended and hurt me because that had no correlation to what she was talking about and the situation at hand ,she also brought up a situation where I was offended by a harsh teachers attitude towards me , because I got offended by that teacher she said it explains that I’m insecure . To me I feel hurt because I felt like she was trying to bring me down for no reason all because of a slightly messy room she decided to bring up scenarios that i didn’t like to be malicious .Am I being too sensitive & is my mum in the right or nah ?
Like the other anon said; most mum's are like that.

Don't take it to heart, she just wants you to do the task without making a fuss after which she'll quieten down and mind her own business.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.49%
I'm not sure (51)
4.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (331)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.53%

Watched Threads