17blackhes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hellooooo,

So basically I bought a train ticket from notts to london with the 16-25 discount that I can’t use anymore due to not being able to leave that day. My question is: is someone else with a 16-25 railcard able to use this ticket?
LostAccount
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No because it has your details and a photo on it.

Unless you get a really stupid guard.
Alexty28
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Everytime a guard asks me to show my ticket, with the 16-25 discount, they never ask to see my railcard or any proof.

(Original post by LostAccount)

Everytime a guard asks me to show my ticket, with the 16-25 discount, they never ask to see my railcard or any proof.
17blackhes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by LostAccount)

Nooo my point is, the person who has bought the ticket has their own railcard so can they use the ticket they’ve bought off me if you get me?
LostAccount
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 17blackhes)
Nooo my point is, the person who has bought the ticket has their own railcard so can they use the ticket they’ve bought off me if you get me?

Tickets have no names on them so yes anyone can use them so long as they have their own 16-25 railcard if the ticket says that's the type of discount used.

(Original post by Alexty28)
They do for me, when the tickets are checked.

But my ticket is checked less often than taking my whole journey (usually an hour to London) without having it checked. That includes several times when the guard checks tickets but casually walks by when I'm stood in the door section, for whatever reason.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
13.46%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.13%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
5.13%
I need help with my personal statement (66)
42.31%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (38)
24.36%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.92%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (12)
7.69%

Watched Threads