Is dating in yr 13 a good idea? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m someone who finds it hard to ‘meet people’. I’m also someone who works hard. I’m planning to go to Durham university with a conditional offer of AAB. However, I may have ‘met someone’.

I’m usually okay at giving advice to myself, but I would really appreciate some help with this. To anyone who’s been through A2; would I have time for a relationship? My grades aren’t far behind the requirements I need at the moment, but I’m worried a relationship will take up too much time. What if I don’t get the grades because of this? I know I’ll work hard regardless of what other things are going on, but it’s making me quite anxious.

So, any tips? Would I have time? I really appreciate any responses.
New- Emperor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No dude that’s too young for you pedo
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m someone who finds it hard to ‘meet people’. I’m also someone who works hard. I’m planning to go to Durham university with a conditional offer of AAB. However, I may have ‘met someone’.

I’m usually okay at giving advice to myself, but I would really appreciate some help with this. To anyone who’s been through A2; would I have time for a relationship? My grades aren’t far behind the requirements I need at the moment, but I’m worried a relationship will take up too much time. What if I don’t get the grades because of this? I know I’ll work hard regardless of what other things are going on, but it’s making me quite anxious.

I really think that if it adds a time to de-stress ( but again not too much time (maybe 1-2 week for an hour or two) then it's fine) if they take your mind off work and make you really happy and relaxed. However if the person you will date is high maintenance and has to meet you multiple times a week and go out for hours then don't do it. Just remember these grades determine your future and this person, it is unlikely to turn into something serious as you will go to other unis. Sometimes it works out but mostly doesn't. This is from experience of my brother, he got a grade lower and rejected and had to do clearing and it's because his gf broke up with him right before exams and he lost motivation as was so upset. However my sister dated the sweetest guy who was super into his work as well so they were fine despite going to have to break up before uni as they made each other laugh. Currently in year 13 I'm kind of dating someone but it's really low maintenance, I see him maybe 1 a week or 2 weeks, lol not much but it's always fun but I know it won't get serious as we have 6 months until exams end and uni stuff so I personally don't want to get too attached as I'm not going to let what happened to my brother happen to me. Just personal.
MathsLove
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Relationship is not about using people to suit your needs
Pigster
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Unless you plan to keep this attitude up, something about your non-working life must change. Otherwise, you'll be too busy for relationships whilst working at uni. Then too busy when you get a job etc.
Nilesh32
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
13 years is under mature. Better to have atleast 18+
squembalina
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are people for real thinking you’re talking about a child? 😂 okay so I’m year 13 now too and last year my ex was year 13, the relationship was great but it was hard work because we both had so much to do and it wasn’t ideal because it often came down to putting me over work and although he still got amazing a levels I wouldn’t advise it. The attention required for amazing A-levels and amazing relationships are both really high so to do both really is hard work so it just depends what you’re willing to do. It’s a personal choice.
Hi Luca
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Probably wise to focus on your studies. We have all the time for relationships years down the line. After year 13 everyone is going down their own seperate paths, and so there is no point in getting into a relationship if it is only going to last a year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (12)
8.63%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (16)
11.51%
No, but maybe I will look into it (39)
28.06%
No and I wouldn't consider it (72)
51.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise