The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Accommodation

Hi everyone, I am looking for some advice and information about LSE halls.I´d like to know which one could have the best social life. It has to be twin ensuite (private bathroom) as I am not used to sharing bathrooms with many people.Also, the nearest from school, because I am a little bit lazy hahaha. It doesn´t have to be catered. I´d be very thankful if you guys can help me :smile:
For halls at LSE, the only ones you want to be in are Bankside, Carr-Saunders, Rosebery and Passfield, the four LSE catered halls.

The non-catered halls and intercollegiate halls are just not as good:
- non-catered: you never meet anyone apart from your flatmates as there are no communal areas
- intercollegiate: dominated by the larger unis: UCL & Kings; can be very hard to make LSE friends and find people to go to the LSE freshers' events with

You have a lot of different factors at play there, so I'll address them separately.
- Bathrooms
- Distance
- Social life

SOCIAL LIFE

Passfield and Carr-Saunders are generally the most 'going-out' halls; Bankside and Rosebery are also great for social life.

Passfield and Carr-Saunders are smaller, so have a better sense of community; Bankside and Rosebery are larger so you have more chance of meeting people who you really click with.

Either way, they're all good.

DISTANCE

Of the above four halls, Passfield is probably the nearest - it used to take me 20 minutes to walk to LSE briskly, 15 minutes if I was running.

Bankside is probably the next nearest, about a 25 minute walk (although it's probably the nicest walk - cross Millennium Bridge, along the river, past St Paul's Cathedral!).

Carr-Saunders and Rosebery are both about 25-28 minute walks. Probably less if you're walking quickly.

Northumberland House is probably the nearest LSE hall to campus, but the social life there is terrible.

BATHROOMS

I had never shared a bathroom either before I got to Passfield, but it really wasn't an issue whatsoever.

Passfield on each floor has about 6 showers and 10 toilets (shared between about 25 minutes). I can honestly say that I never once had to wait for a shower or to use a loo - there was always one available. Everybody is on such different schedules. Also, shared bathrooms are cleaned every day whereas ensuites/twin ensuites you have to clean yourself. The only difference is that you can't leave your stuff in there.

Obviously, it's completely up to you, but I'm just saying - don't let the lack of twin ensuite rooms put you off Passfield or any other hall.

I'm not familiar with the bathroom arrangements at each hall, but you can check on the website:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/search-accommodation?collection=lse-accommodation&sort=metaavailability
(edited 5 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending