SleepyGuy111
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi can anyone help me with revision? I have paper for mindmaps , flashcards and revision textbooks/guides but I just get myself to do the revision. And then when I do revision I have no clue on where to start or what to write down or anything. And when I do create revision stuff , I don't know how to use it for revision. Please help thx
awanderingpixel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
- break each subject down into smaller chunks. e.g. instead of planning to revise 'chemistry' on a Thursday, be more specific and plan to revise 'alkenes' one week, 'metals' another week and so on. This will make it seem less overwhelming as well as give you more of a sense of achievement after doing it, motivating you to do more revision.

- find a good space to do it where you can focus. Try to avoid your bedroom if possible as that is a place for revision. This will make your revision more efficient

- take breaks. One popular method (the name escapes me) is twenty five minutes of revision, then a five minute break, for two hours before you have a longer break. This stops you overworking yourself, makes the task looks less daunting and also helps you to retain information.

- minimise distractions. This means not bringing your phone with you, or blocking websites that you procrastinate on if you need to use the internet while revising

- give yourself rewards. e.g. an hour on Netflix for every three topics revised. This will help increase your motivation.

Hope this helps and good luck with revision
Obakoya Hannah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I need help in biology i need some revision questions
febreze
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Obakoya Hannah)
go to physicsandmathstutor.co.uk they have loads
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by SleepyGuy111)
Hi can anyone help me with revision? I have paper for mindmaps , flashcards and revision textbooks/guides but I just get myself to do the revision. And then when I do revision I have no clue on where to start or what to write down or anything. And when I do create revision stuff , I don't know how to use it for revision. Please help thx
I'm the same :/
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
what topics?
mb2003
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
For subjects that require a lot of memorisation, e.g. Sciences, I used the specification + CGP revision guides to make really concise notes on everything. Whenever you have the opportunity to rephrase something so it's shorter, make sure you do it, because it saves so much time later when you're reading through trying to make sense of it haha. Then after I'd made my notes, I made Quizlet flashcards and tested myself whenever I had the time (and motivation). After you know the content, it's just practice papers over and over again.

For stuff like English Lit/Lang, History or Maths which are less memory-based, spend a lot less time on making flashcards and memorising things and spend more time on practice papers and getting feedback from your teachers. It's so easy to fall into the trap of doing 'feel good' revision, like making flashcards for Maths and then not doing any practice questions bc it's the easier alternative - but we've gotta be strong and resist the temptation.

What subjects and exam boards do you do btw?
plot racer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
what topics within biology you want questions on tho
Ztormie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by SleepyGuy111)
Hello! 😊💛 For each topic, create a list for each unit and each sub topic of the unit and tick it off as you go along. For example, for biology you'll put:

Biology:
Unit 1: Cell biology
1) Eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells.
2) Animal and plant cells.
Etc (the underline shows that you have studied it and so you'll then revise the topic of animal and plant cells - go in order so it doesn't become complicated).

If you don't have a text book to see the names of each topic, you can look up the specification for your exam board which is online which will have It! 😁 x

Also, you'll need to create a weekly timetable (theres alot of examples online) showing what subject you're going to study at a certain time on a given day. That way you know exactly what youre going to do leaving less time for procrastination. 😁💜
Last edited by Ztormie; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (45)
36.29%
I really love the subject (32)
25.81%