The Student Room Group

Art Foundation Portfolio

Does a portfolio for a foundation diploma in art and design have to completely relate to your A level sketchbooks or can you put pieces of work that you've done e.g photos and drawings without any planning, sketches and initial ideas to back it up? not sure if that makes any sense but i need to know
They actually prefer to see your own work so put them in!
Original post by evedance
Does a portfolio for a foundation diploma in art and design have to completely relate to your A level sketchbooks or can you put pieces of work that you've done e.g photos and drawings without any planning, sketches and initial ideas to back it up? not sure if that makes any sense but i need to know

Hi there,

It is normal to be unsure about what to add to your portfolio when applying for university. As a student, I would recommend you to attend the universities you are applying for and see if they may have portfolio workshops or even contact the tutor and see if you could get the advice of what they are looking for within a portfolio. What do know that university loves seeing work that you have done in your own time?

Though you might like to know about Ravensbourne University, We are an industry focused design and digital media university. We have an excellent 96.4% employability rate and are taught by experienced staff and industry experts.

We offer different foundation courses that you may find suit the creative path you may want to go down.

We have open days that include portfolio workshops, so you will get an insight into what art and design courses are looking for in your portfolio at interviews. You will be able to talk to the tutor and ask any question you may have about the foundation course you are interested in. You will also be able to get to see students work.

Hope this was helpful, good luck with everything

Katy:h:

Quick Reply

Latest