Kenzieboi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am 13 years old and want to get a job? I have been told that I can get a paper round.i live in Swadlincote any available?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ask your local corner shops.
redemptioniskey
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you don't always have to do paper rounds :wink:

Spoiler:
Show
i was thinking cutting neighbors grass..
Woksin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kenzieboi)
I am 13 years old and want to get a job? I have been told that I can get a paper round.i live in Swadlincote any available?
I live near Swad and honestly, just wait to be older. Enjoy the time being free not working.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OMG, do you really live in Swadlincote?
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They generally won't be advertised online or anything. Pop into local newsagents and ask around. That's how I did it when I was your age!
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your best bet is a paper round.
Places dont usually take people on until they are 16 a) because of all the rules surrounding employing under 16's and b) because you dont have a national insurance number.
Ask at the paper shop in town, they usually have paper rounds going.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your options are literally:

- Paper round
- Baby sitting
- Odd jobs for neighbours
- Helping in a shop, cafe, hairdressers but only if you know the person as they will need to be willing to give you cash in hand and keep it off their records most likely as you're underage

Unless you really need money I'm inclined to agree with the person above who said enjoy being young and carefree for as long as possible!
adam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I understand why the laws are in place but I think more should be done to give children a chance at working at a earlier age.
Even if it's only like 2 hours a week in a retail environment.

Prob get ripped for saying it but I often see Schoolleavers,collegeleavers and even uni leavers who have never worked a day in there life and they just can't handle work and often end up quitting after only a few hours/days.

I mean all these child worker protection laws were set up to stop chucking kids down chimneys no? I'm sure if we relaxed the law a little it would be all good. :rofl:
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by adam277)
I understand why the laws are in place but I think more should be done to give children a chance at working at a earlier age.
Even if it's only like 2 hours a week in a retail environment.

Prob get ripped for saying it but I often see Schoolleavers,collegeleavers and even uni leavers who have never worked a day in there life and they just can't handle work and often end up quitting after only a few hours/days.

I mean all these child worker protection laws were set up to stop chucking kids down chimneys no? I'm sure if we relaxed the law a little it would be all good. :rofl:
I totally agree with that.
They dont seem to want to work while at 6th form/college/uni.
I know they have school work and all that but even a job a few hours a week will help.

With regards to kids working while at school- while im not sure about actually working- encouraging them to do voluntary work (e.g. in a charity shop etc etc) and paces being willing to have 13-16 year olds volunteering will deffo help. By the age of 16 they will have an insight into the world of work, a bit of experience and a reference for a future job as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (8)
12.31%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
4.62%
I need help with my personal statement (28)
43.08%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (16)
24.62%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.08%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.62%

Watched Threads