The Student Room Group

Worried about not getting into University??

I am very stressed about being rejected from university as I have no other options. I feel like my family will think of me as a disappointment and will hate me. Any advice? BTW I have applied to Bournemouth University and Chester University, but I feel too stupid to be accepted. :frown:
Original post by greenwindows
I am very stressed about being rejected from university as I have no other options. I feel like my family will think of me as a disappointment and will hate me. Any advice? BTW I have applied to Bournemouth University and Chester University, but I feel too stupid to be accepted. :frown:

Have you used your 3 other choices?
Reply 2

What is making you feel that way? Have you applied anywhere else?
What course have you applied for, and why haven't you used your other 3 options?
Original post by claireestelle
Have you used your 3 other choices?

Original post by LeapingLucy
What course have you applied for, and why haven't you used your other 3 options?

Original post by Ninja_R
What is making you feel that way? Have you applied anywhere else?

At Bournemouth I have applied for; Forensic Biology, Forensic Investigation and Sociology and Criminology. At Chester I have applied for; Forensic Biology and Biology, and Criminology and Forensic Biology.
I am a Scottish student and no courses up here do Forensic Biology so I had to apply for English universities, but there aren’t many that do the course either. All of my friends have been offered unconditionals and I feel as if I won’t get one, but I also feel that I won’t even get a conditional offer. My family has put lots of pressure on me to go to university and I don’t want to upset them.
what are your predicted grades? what are their entry requirements?
Reply 6
At Bournemouth I have applied for; Forensic Biology, Forensic Investigation and Sociology and Criminology. At Chester I have applied for; Forensic Biology and Biology, and Criminology and Forensic Biology.
I am a Scottish student and no courses up here do Forensic Biology so I had to apply for English universities, but there aren’t many that do the course either. All of my friends have been offered unconditionals and I feel as if I won’t get one, but I also feel that I won’t even get a conditional offer. My family has put lots of pressure on me to go to university and I don’t want to upset them.

What grades/requirements do those courses require? I think you should set yourself small goals (academic etc) and aim towards achieving them to help with your application. It doesn't matter what your friends have, focus on yourself and getting the grades for the courses you like.
Original post by anonymous1231231
what are your predicted grades? what are their entry requirements?

Original post by Ninja_R
What grades/requirements do those courses require? I think you should set yourself small goals (academic etc) and aim towards achieving them to help with your application. It doesn't matter what your friends have, focus on yourself and getting the grades for the courses you like.

For those courses you need minimum 104 UCAS tariff points, I currently have around 97. My teachers have predicted BB at Higher and C at advanced higher, which if I achieve those I will be over the minimum tariff points. Thank you for the support💓

Hello @greenwindows :hello:

We know it's easier said than done, but try not to put too much pressure on yourself. As long as you're working hard and trying your best, that's all anyone can ask of you.

Our Admissions Team are currently receiving a number of applications and they're getting through them as soon as they can. If at anytime you want to check the progress of your application you can drop them an email ([email protected]) and they'll be happy to help.

Let us know if you have any questions about Chester. Have you managed to make it down to an Open Day?
For those courses you need minimum 104 UCAS tariff points, I currently have around 97. My teachers have predicted BB at Higher and C at advanced higher, which if I achieve those I will be over the minimum tariff points. Thank you for the support💓

Hi, please don't worry if you don't hear back from your choices just yet, they are going through a lot of applications and it does take a while to process.

Also, please don't be so hard on yourself, try to think positive as I think you're doing great.

It's always good to have a plan B in place anyway, and I think it's important to know that even if you don't get an offer for any of your choices, clearing is an amazing way to get a place at university. I know here are BU we really take pride in being able to accommodate students who otherwise thought their Higher Education journey had come to an end.

Hopefully it wont come to clearing and you'll receive an offer soon but in the meantime relax knowing that your predicted grades will meet the UCAS requirements and that clearing is always there as a plan B. Here is a clearing link for the 2018 intake: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing/guide-clearing

Best wishes and good luck receiving your offer.

Vicki

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending