Xtraxan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Would it be possible to do a Masters/ research degree in Maths at Oxbridge/ Imperial/ UCL etc. after doing Bsc at Nottingham, if I get a First, or is this unlikely, how hard would it be to get in?
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Xtraxan)
Would it be possible to do a Masters/ research degree in Maths at Oxbridge/ Imperial/ UCL etc. after doing Bsc at Nottingham, if I get a First, or is this unlikely, how hard would it be to get in?
its very do-able, i dont know maths that well but i am a post-grad engineer, and i found that post-grad courses are often much more specialsised (durr) and a lot of unis (in my case including Oxbridge) offered no courses or expertise on the subject i wanted to study.

But if u prepare correctly for a post-grad opportunity demonstrade knowledge on the area you will research, build experienece in that area, and most importantly develop at excellent undergrad track record u should be in a good position to put in as credible an application as any other student.

It is important to note on PG reseach courses often require funding, this means the uni will look at u as an investment and ask themselves what return they will get from the money they put into u, strong candidates naturally do well on this checkbox, average candidates obviously dont.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (131)
30.05%
No (305)
69.95%

Watched Threads