The Student Room Group

AQA or Edexcel

Hi!

I believe, as most people will say, that AQA is easier than Edexcel for GCSE. However, will a uni prefer a grade 9 in Edexcel or grade 9 in AQA. Sorry if this didn’t really make any sense, I’m so confused because I’m in year 8.

Thanks.
(edited 5 years ago)
I’m not an expert on the matter but I should think that there’s not much difference as long as you get the grades
no, they don't compare between exam boards. i dont know which is easier but whether you get a 9 in this exam board or that, they will look at your grade (and subject) :smile:! Good luck!! I know that Cambridge and O levels are hard tho, Im taking cambridge IGCSE next year! Edexcel is easier compared to Cambridge, but Im not sure about AQA. maybe you could find other people who asked this question ("IGCSE AQA or edexcel?") and you can get some advice and help from there 💖💖 youre gonna do great!
Reply 3
Original post by SheAimstraightAs
no, they don't compare between exam boards. i dont know which is easier but whether you get a 9 in this exam board or that, they will look at your grade (and subject) :smile:! Good luck!! I know that Cambridge and O levels are hard tho, Im taking cambridge IGCSE next year! Edexcel is easier compared to Cambridge, but Im not sure about AQA. maybe you could find other people who asked this question ("IGCSE AQA or edexcel?") and you can get some advice and help from there 💖💖 youre gonna do great!

Thanks so much for your amazing reply! Good luck with your IGCSE! You will do amazing!
thank you!!! good luck too!!!
Reply 5
OFQUAL puts a lot of effort into ensuring that there is minimal difference between the different exam boards for England. Universities will not care which board you took.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending