The Student Room Group

Maths Prefect

I want to be a maths prefect at my school but i feel like im not going to have much of a chance against some of the higher level and more favourable students
any tips tricks or advice for writing a really good application letter to convince the teachers that i’d be a good choice
anything would be helpful :smile:
Original post by Spoons711
I want to be a maths prefect at my school but i feel like im not going to have much of a chance against some of the higher level and more favourable students
any tips tricks or advice for writing a really good application letter to convince the teachers that i’d be a good choice
anything would be helpful :smile:

a "maths" prefect? I thought prefects just did like hall duties and stair monitoring stuff and maybe organising things?

how can you be a maths prefect?
Reply 2
Original post by Laurence863
a "maths" prefect? I thought prefects just did like hall duties and stair monitoring stuff and maybe organising things?

basically its similar but you're just in maths subject so like running and helping maths events or running/helping revision sessions or tutoring.

We got given a slip that says "Write a paragraph on why you would like to be a Maths prefect and what you could offer other students in lower year groups. Include ideas to help support students in their maths either in lessons or as part of an extra-curricular activity.You could include any maths events you would like to organise or any other ideas you may have to assist others at lunchtime or after school."
Reply 3
basically its similar but you're just in maths subject so like running and helping maths events or running/helping revision sessions or tutoring.

We got given a slip that says "Write a paragraph on why you would like to be a Maths prefect and what you could offer other students in lower year groups. Include ideas to help support students in their maths either in lessons or as part of an extra-curricular activity.You could include any maths events you would like to organise or any other ideas you may have to assist others at lunchtime or after school."

They obviously want you to think about what you'd do or change to make learning maths better / more "fun" / ... So have a think about what is already done at school, what could be improved, how you'd approach helping students (get them to think about basic principles, letting them make mistakes sometimes, ...), what web sites could help that are not used, how they'd be used ... If you're not the strongest student, turn this into a positive in saying how you've overcome problems and how that means you can help people better ...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Laurence863

Maths prefect = King of the Nerds
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Maths prefect = King of the Nerds

if you arent a nerd then you arent ONE OF US get of TSR you chav😎😎😎

oh okay lol

write about why you enjoy maths, what you can offer, how you'd make it fun etc stc

Quick Reply

Latest