Turn on thread page Beta

How to numb my emotions and become cold? watch

I’m a 15 yr old girl that has been through a lot in my life and it’s getting to the point I want to wake up and feel nothing,no emotion,I don’t want to care anymore,I’ve tried to train myself to feel numb but I don’t know if I’m doing it correctly. Some advice about it and too become cold towards everything?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't - it seems like a good idea, but take it from one who knows that it is not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’m a 15 yr old girl that has been through a lot in my life and it’s getting to the point I want to wake up and feel nothing,no emotion,I don’t want to care anymore,I’ve tried to train myself to feel numb but I don’t know if I’m doing it correctly. Some advice about it and too become cold towards everything?
    the nicest people always seem to get hurt the most.. sorry youre feeling this way atm. I feel like life is all about experiences and nothing more. The only problem is these can be good or bad. so as much as we will remember and reminisce over some of the best times we've had with the people we love and care about, the same will be done with the times people have wronged us and made us feel worse about ourselves. its cruel and bittersweet but it's necessary, emotional pain is good pain because it teaches a person to grow, and learn from the mistakes and reveals to you the strength of your own charcter when you bounce back from that pain. keep going, its never a lost battle

ReputationRep:
    Honest advice is if you feel this way then you need some help. Numbing emotions is not a fix it’s a coping mechanism. In mental health fixing coping mechanisms is usually harder than fixing the problems that caused them in the first instance.
    If you are having problems go and see your GP and get some help now. Early intervention is the best way to get things fixed with limited impact on the rest of your life. As a mental health professional I have seen some of the devastating lasting impacts on people with poor emotional perception.
    Learning to numb your emotions is just putting a sticking plaster on the problem, and the problem never goes away. Please go and get some help for this.

Shawn

From a person who has experienced numb emotions, dont do it, i dont even think its possible to train to have no emotions but dont do it anyway
    I understand that emotions can be a b*tch to deal with
    But going months without feeling anything drives you insane
    Human beings are supposed to feel things and unless you were born without emotions, having them leave you is jarring
    There is probably something else causing you to want to not deal with it, go the GP and get help before it develops too much

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how easy it is to train yourself to make it happen.I'm 25, I've had nothing but painful experiences in relationships, I've gone for counselling with the aim of feeling better about things that have happened, but it wasn't able to make me feel much better to be honest, and I've been several times.There are those of us who I beleive are considerably more affected by loss or betrayal by those we care about. You and I are probably among them. It's a gift and a curse, a double edged sword. People like us have the capacity to form considerably deep bonds with others, and tend to be unquestionably loyal, and would do nothing to hurt those we care about. However as you know, the downside is that we often find ourselves in the company of people who are not like us, and end up being immensely hurt by them..With how it went a year ago with the last person I truly felt for, something just kind of died inside me. Since then, I've just not really cared anymore.. I've seen one person since then, and it ended pretty much because I was just a void, not giving her any affection.It's not good, I can't fully control it, I wouldn't say I'm having a blast of a time.You and I need to come to find our happy mediums, which is easier said than done. But practise makes perfect..

ReputationRep:
    Sacrifice small furry animals, and go on from there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2018
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.