The Student Room Group

Should I learn a new language?

Heyyyy

So I'm currently learning French at A-Level but I super want to start learning another language, but I don't know if it will reduce the quality of my French. I want to try out learning Chinese, Arabic or Russian so that I have an idea of what I want to do at uni but I don't know if I should just stick and focus on French... helpppp!
Another language is always useful.
You could always start learning it and then if you struggle/it impacts on your french or whatever then stop.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
Another language is always useful.
You could always start learning it and then if you struggle/it impacts on your french or whatever then stop.

I've got a great Chinese friend, so learning Chinese would be easier with his help. Arabic and Russian would be the harder ones, as I don't know anyone who speaks those languages.
Original post by RoseBee
I've got a great Chinese friend, so learning Chinese would be easier with his help. Arabic and Russian would be the harder ones, as I don't know anyone who speaks those languages.

Id learn chinese then
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
Id learn chinese then

Thanks, I'll ask if he'll help!!
Chinese is definitely a useful language to learn. Being fluent in both Chinese and English, I can only stress how much Chinese can help you in the future.
However, take note that Chinese can be very difficult to learn, possibly even the most difficult out of all the languages. most people who decide to learn Chinese from an older age can never perfect their pronounciation.
it is definitely a language that takes a long time to learn and become stressful. Its rewards and doors of opportunity that will open for you if you do learn it however are never ending!
Reply 6
Original post by LukePB139
Chinese is definitely a useful language to learn. Being fluent in both Chinese and English, I can only stress how much Chinese can help you in the future.
However, take note that Chinese can be very difficult to learn, possibly even the most difficult out of all the languages. most people who decide to learn Chinese from an older age can never perfect their pronounciation.
it is definitely a language that takes a long time to learn and become stressful. Its rewards and doors of opportunity that will open for you if you do learn it however are never ending!

I'm hoping that I'm not too bad, as I know a few greetings already and I wished a group of tourists a good day!! So Chinese is definitely more of an optionb

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending