Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Looks like an interesting course. Anyone else applying/applied to this?

Feel free to PM me also.

SS

ReputationRep:
    Over 600 views and no reply yet!

I've been given a date for an interview so we will see how this goes.

Still keen on chatting with other people that are applying.

SS

ReputationRep:
    At the risk of this turning into a blog...

I am hoping someone applying further into the academic year will read this and find it useful. I refuse to believe there are people that apply to Cambridge that don't visit TSR for at least a cursory visit.

Had a skype interview.

He said: We in the business department like to think we're pretty efficient at processing applications. You can expect to hear back in 2 months. I laugh. The interview ends.

SS

ReputationRep:
    Hi!I really don't come on here often, but well done on getting through the interview. I'm just expressing some curiosity, as I would like to possibly apply for the Cambridge Mphil in Education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taylorsized)
    Hi!I really don't come on here often, but well done on getting through the interview. I'm just expressing some curiosity, as I would like to possibly apply for the Cambridge Mphil in Education
    This is something I don't know too much about! Perhaps try the main Cambridge Postgraduate thread?

SS
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Taylorsized)
    I'm just expressing some curiosity, as I would like to possibly apply for the Cambridge Mphil in Education
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    This is something I don't know too much about! Perhaps try the main Cambridge Postgraduate thread?
    Which is over here:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5205742

ReputationRep:
    Hi I applied to the Innovation, strategy and organisation Mphil, which is also under JBS. Can I ask when you submitted your application? Also, do you know how many people are admitted to the programme you applied to each year? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Had a skype interview.

He said: We in the business department like to think we're pretty efficient at processing applications. You can expect to hear back in 2 months. I laugh. The interview ends.

SS
    I applied about a month ago, but still haven't heard back. In 2014 I applied and had an interview in February '15

ReputationRep:
    Awaiting approval by GAO.

They sent me an email saying they probably won't be able to get the offer out this side of Christmas.

SS

ReputationRep:
    Received Offer. Guess they were pretty efficient afterall.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the offer! I am considering applying to this program as I am really keen on tech policy. Do you mind sharing your background and overall experience applying (although you’ve been pretty detailed above haha) for this program? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the program Mid December just got the interview invite for next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tag36)
    I applied for the program Mid December just got the interview invite for next week.
    Good luck for the interview! Do you mind sharing your background/experience?

ReputationRep:
    4 years VC in Berlin. Undergrad from the Netherlands, first class. Plenty of international experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHCambiz)
    Hi I applied to the Innovation, strategy and organisation Mphil, which is also under JBS. Can I ask when you submitted your application? Also, do you know how many people are admitted to the programme you applied to each year? Thanks!
    The course accepts around 20-30 students each year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hightea)
    Congrats on the offer! I am considering applying to this program as I am really keen on tech policy. Do you mind sharing your background and overall experience applying (although you’ve been pretty detailed above haha) for this program? Thanks!
    I'm former British Military. Engineers. I've done a lot of leadership, including technical leadership.

I'm currently being sponsored by the Ministry of Defence to study Computer Science at Durham.

I've got a comprehensive technical background but I know nothing about economics, business or policy.

I'm 28. They do like us to have some work experience but the bar is set much higher as we're expected to have achieved a lot more by 28 than by 21.

Do let me know if you want any advice about how to construct an application or interview advice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm former British Military. Engineers. I've done a lot of leadership, including technical leadership.

I'm currently being sponsored by the Ministry of Defence to study Computer Science at Durham.

I've got a comprehensive technical background but I know nothing about economics, business or policy.

I'm 28. They do like us to have some work experience but the bar is set much higher as we're expected to have achieved a lot more by 28 than by 21.

Do let me know if you want any advice about how to construct an application or interview advice.
    Thanks for letting me know! I have the opposite with an economics and communication background and currently work in consulting as an advisory tech analyst with experience in policy projects. From what I can see they do like to see people with an engineering background but I am hoping my interest in tech policy and my experience so far will pull me through. Any tips on what they want to see in the application is helpful really and much appreciated!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.