The Student Room Group

Crashing higher chemistry tips?!?

Hi, I’m planning on crashing higher chemistry next year (I’m currently in s4) and I know it’s crazy and stupid but I really need to get an A if I want to study medicine (which I do!).

Is there any tips anyone has that will help me achieve this? I’m planning to work on some national 5 chemistry during the summer before I start higher at home but I’m worried that I’ll be so confused and far behind.

And tips? I’m desperate!
Original post by abbiestuart2003
Hi, I’m planning on crashing higher chemistry next year (I’m currently in s4) and I know it’s crazy and stupid but I really need to get an A if I want to study medicine (which I do!).

Is there any tips anyone has that will help me achieve this? I’m planning to work on some national 5 chemistry during the summer before I start higher at home but I’m worried that I’ll be so confused and far behind.

And tips? I’m desperate!

hello, i did both higher and advanced higher chemistry, and i think if you're crashing higher doing nat 5 chem during the summer will be fine! if you want to get ahead of the game then you could possibly buy a higher chemistry revision guide and just read over the specimen notes on the SQA website!
i really recommend the Bright Red revision guides for biology, chemistry and physics for both higher and advanced higher! you can buy them on amazon/waterstones etc.
Thank you! I’ll get right to it! 😂
Any revision you get in over the summer will massively help you - and make sure to do plenty of revision during the school term to stay on top. Apart from that, I'm sure you'll be fine!
Thanks! I’m planning on doing as much as I can now and during the summer :smile:
Reply 5
Hi, I'm crashing Higher Chemistry this year and the best way to do it is to practice questions consistently and understand the actual theory and ideology behind what you're learning. It's not easy by a long shot but if your brain is good at understanding science then you should be fine. I got 72% in my recent prelim which was second in the class. Just make sure to read questions properly, try understanding the Chemistry rather than just learning and knowing and make sure you get as many marks as possible from your assignment which should boost your grade.
Thanks so much! It’s great to know that it’s actually possible!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending