Turn on thread page Beta

Just would like some advice really:

Basically I had a complete mental breakdown in front of my teacher earlier today. She was nice about it and said I could sit in her classroom during our free and just relax. I have her phone number, would it be weird if I thanked her for her help and apologised for having to deal with me? How do I word it?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure why you have her phone number, that's the weird bit.

But assuming that's all above board and the number you have is a work phone that all your class have, then you can just tell her what you've said here.

(Original post by ThomH97)
    I'm not sure why you have her phone number, that's the weird bit.

But assuming that's all above board and the number you have is a work phone that all your class have, then you can just tell her what you've said here.
    Do you think she’d share it with other teachers though? I don’t want all my teachers knowing I’m a complete wreck right now lmao
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Agree with the above why on earth do you have her phone number that's so unprofessional...
    Just say thank you next time you see her, have had plenty of mental breakdowns in front of teachers. Please dont text her that's weird and opens up a can of worms..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you think she’d share it with other teachers though? I don’t want all my teachers knowing I’m a complete wreck right now lmao
    No need worrying over that - I doubt she did, confidentiality is important.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Depends what you mean by mental breakdown, if you just mean getting upset and crying then no i dont think they have time for that. If you mean a safeguarding issue where you are a danger to yourself then they are obliged to tell people higher up and your parents.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt she'd go around actively telling people (not that I know her personally), but it's likely that if she thinks you need extra support from someone else then she'd tell them. Not that you being grateful for her help would affect that decision.

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    Agree with the above why on earth do you have her phone number that's so unprofessional...
    Just say thank you next time you see her, have had plenty of mental breakdowns in front of teachers. Please dont text her that's weird and opens up a can of worms..
    I guess it’s unprofessional but I’ve had to text her before about homework. I’m in 6th Form, it’s quite normal to have teacher’s phone numbers here. I find it easier to say what I feel in a message rather than in person, that’s all
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    I guess it’s unprofessional but I’ve had to text her before about homework. I’m in 6th Form, it’s quite normal to have teacher’s phone numbers here. I find it easier to say what I feel in a message rather than in person, that’s all
    you'd probably be better off emailing her tbh (her school email)..
    that way everything you and her say is on the school's system (i dont mean people can see it i just mean that if any issue arose you have all the evidence there on the schools systems to protect both of you) and is more on the right side of the professional line

ReputationRep:
    True

you'd probably be better off emailing her tbh..
    that way everything you and her say is on the school's system (i dont mean people can see it i just mean that if any issue arose you have all the evidence there on the schools systems) and is more on the right side of the professional line
    That’s true I’ll do that

ReputationRep:
    Just would like some advice really:

Basically I had a complete mental breakdown in front of my teacher earlier today. She was nice about it and said I could sit in her classroom during our free and just relax. I have her phone number, would it be weird if I thanked her for her help and apologised for having to deal with me? How do I word it?
    I would write her a handwritten letter! Just tell her how you are so thankful for her help and how she handled it. Let her know how much it means to you!

ReputationRep:
    Teacher here - I also work in Further Education (16-19) and I have a work phone with a numbet that I give to students. Contrary to what others above have said, it seems to be standard practice at your institution and so texting your teaching wouldn't be a problem. I had more than one emotional episode with my curriculum manager who mentored me through college, he had been teaching for well over fifteen years so it wasn't something he hadn't seen before. A quick Cheers *Sean, I owe you and slight nod would convey all the thanks and appreciation I had for him. So don't worry about going all out in your thank you if that isn't your style
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I agree

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.