The Student Room Group

A level options?!!

I don’t know if a levels are really a big thing but I’m really worried that if I don’t get these right, I will **** up my life. Excuse the language.
I don’t know if I truly enjoy these subjects or if I just want to do something seen as acceptable etc
I’m thinking of
Chemistry, physics, English Lang and lit and finally psychology- I would love if any students studying these alevels have any genuine thoughts about them
Thankyou!
hi! i’m year 13 right now and i take english lit and took physics at AS. i adore english lit and would 100% recommend if you have even the slightest interest in literature. it’s so much better than gcse i just love it. physics is really really REALLY hard at a level and i had to work unbelievably hard to get an A at AS (and i was the only person in the class to get that high) but i did enjoy it so i’d say if you do enjoy physics and are willing to put the work in then definitely give it a try!
(edited 5 years ago)
Any idea what you want to do at uni or in life? If you know, I think you should pick your A Levels keeping this in mind

If not pick what you enjoy the most
Reply 3
Original post by Anisa565758
I don’t know if a levels are really a big thing but I’m really worried that if I don’t get these right, I will **** up my life. Excuse the language.
I don’t know if I truly enjoy these subjects or if I just want to do something seen as acceptable etc
I’m thinking of
Chemistry, physics, English Lang and lit and finally psychology- I would love if any students studying these alevels have any genuine thoughts about them
Thankyou!

Hiii,
Im doing, Biology Chemistry Paychology and Spanish (this last one does not count because im native, bit i personally do no t recomend choosing a language, A level is difficult, i wonder how they pretend non natives to do some of the questions.)
I love, LOVE biology its amazing its a lot of content but i find it a beatiful subject, the experiments that you have to do are also fun.
Chemisty, if the teacher is not good do not choos this, no one in their right state of mind would choose chem with a bad teacher, because it steps up from gcse. If you like it, its very fun.
Psychology, i love the first section of this subject, social psychology, its the most interesting subject, you get to know how ppls minds work, there are many studies to learn.
I cant really give my opinion of english but i see my coleagues doing a hell of a lot of reading
Reply 4
Do you know what you want to be career wise? I take chemistry and physics. I actually find chemistry kinda fun it’s not as hard as I thought it would be. Physics is fine too, only it’s harder to get good grades, not many people in my school study physics. I’ve heard that in other schools more boys than girls take physics but at my school the number of boys and girls studying physics are equal. I don’t think it really matters but I thought you might want to know. I have a friend who’s really struggling in physics though, I guess it just depends on how much you study. Oh I don’t take maths but even without maths I can still do physics. To be honest I’m in the same boat as you, I don’t necessarily enjoy the subjects I took but I just kinda took them? I think it’s good to take facilitating subjects though. If you end up not liking your subjects you can always change them. My school is still letting us change our subjects even though it’s been 11 weeks.
I'm also struggling to pick my a levels :frown:

I know I want to do geography and biology, and then I want to take two of chemsitry, maths and economics. I know I would love economics but the others are more useful for the future :/ is chemsitry as hard as people say it is?
Hey,
I did Psychology, History and Religious studies. Psychology is something I would really recommend if you have a interest about human behaviour, it does have some elements of biology to. I would advise you to look at the specification for all the courses you are thinking about taking. The only thing most of my classmates didn't enjoy was Research methods as some people do think its boring. But once you get passed that the rest of the course is great

Quick Reply

Latest