The Student Room Group

Thoughts on Uber????

Good? Or Bad?
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeikKQoLgvpiM0uOw0he9DoQTa6DpGyZTHc1PWbTMS14j43NA/viewform
(edited 5 years ago)
Bad .

Undercutting professional drivers .
Reply 2
Original post by Johnny English
Bad .

Thank you, can you put that response on here https://goo.gl/forms/OIrwx55mbmbGwLZ52
Bad .

What's the appeal of supposedly professional taxi drivers? Most of us don't want to pay several times the price to do the same journey.
Original post by jameswhughes
What's the appeal of supposedly professional taxi drivers? Most of us don't want to pay several times the price to do the same journey.

You won't pay several times the price . You'll be paying for a safer more professional driver that is vetted and regulated by the local council . Most being full time drivers who have done knowledge tests and have decades of experience . It's not the same with UBER.
You won't pay several times the price . You'll be paying for a safer more professional driver that is vetted and regulated by the local council . Most being full time drivers who have done knowledge tests and have decades of experience . It's not the same with UBER.

Yes, this is why uber is a good idea poorly done. It is so unsafe
I’ve switched almost entirely to Uber now. Prices are the same as local taxi company, cars generally arrive faster and it’s easier to figure out which car is yours in a crowd. Plus it’s hooked up to my card so I don’t have to carry cash. Never had any issues with the service.
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Yes, this is why uber is a good idea poorly done. It is so unsafe

Why is it unsafe?

I don't want to pay a massive premium just to have a driver who's learnt all the roads in central London, even though it is impressive.
Original post by jameswhughes
Why is it unsafe?

I don't want to pay a massive premium just to have a driver who's learnt all the roads in central London, even though it is impressive.

The company didn't even bother to do security checks on their drivers up until a few months ago, says a lot about how much they care about the safety of their customers.
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
The company didn't even bother to do security checks on their drivers up until a few months ago, says a lot about how much they care about the safety of their customers.

They have to get a private hire licence through the local authority, like for any other company. I'd say being able to see your drivers details on your phone and everything being recorded in the system makes it safer than some taxi that will just disappear afterwards.

I think even if Uber itself has some flaws, there should definitely be an opportunity for someone to take on the outdated taxi model - it was only because of Uber that taxis in London started taking credit cards for example.

Quick Reply

Latest