Turn on thread page Beta

Please give me feedback for my answer. Thanks. :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As an English language teaching assistant, you will work with students of varying, and often very basic, English levels. As a native or near-native English speaker, you will be focusing on improving students’ listening and speaking abilities. With this in mind, what are some ways in which you could motivate students and foster English language learning in your school community? Please discuss classroom activities, extra-curricular activities, materials that you would like to bring from home to use in your classroom, and other ideas to encourage English language learning inside and outside of the classroom. (300-500 words) *

English has become a very important language. To learn any language, a teacher must focus on listening, speaking, reading and writing. Listening is a vital step. It is linked with speaking. Listening skills influence many things like what one says and what the other people say and mean. Reading can improve a student's vocabulary which will in turn help while using a dictionary. However, I will prevent over-usage of dictionary as that will give an attitude of getting a quicker answer from somewhere and not having to understand the meaning which can be done by reading the sentence. It is not important to get the exact meaning as that will come overtime. Reading abridged novels, is another powerful way of keeping the interest in learning English and is great for beginners. Reading will accelerate the learning for speaking. It will also help to differentiate between the written language and the spoken language. Speaking engages our perception, our awareness, our feelings and our intellect. Speaking and writing is like putting our listening and reading to use. Speaking even basic sentences like describing your house and putting that in writing will help to learn the English language quicker. Every time they learn a new word, it will go in their pocket dictionary which will be maintained by them from the very beginning of the session.
    To make the class interactive and communicative, tools like interaction and discussion, games, group activities, mock interviews will go hand in hand. It would be a great platform where the students will be able to share their views on multifarious topics.

Social media is another way to make class fun. The posts written by students can be shared on social media through blogs as that will encourage the students. The comments received from their classmates as well as the world at large will also help in the enhancement of their writing skills and will boost their confidence.

Inviting pop culture into class is something I believe the students will love. Watching movies, reading magazines and listening to music will help them to learn new vocabularies. The movie will be with subtitles so that it’s easier to understand the pronunciation. There will be group discussion and essays too.
    Gamify my lessons. Children love games. Some of the best games to play for learning English are scrabble, scattergories and charades.
    Including worksheets with plenty of different questions will help them to write English language better with proper grammar. They will learn to understand and use language to express their ideas, thoughts, and feelings, and to communicate with others.

Feedback is important. Time to time I will be providing the parents feedback performs to analyse the performance of the children observed by them at home. Peer feedback and self- evaluation will be made time for in my lesson plan every day.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.