Still considering your university applications? Watch

Lancaster University Student Ambassador
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
It is not too late to consider your Universities for 2019 entry so make sure you check out a few of my tips for a great personal statement!

I am a 2nd Year Marketing Management student at Lancaster University so in this thread I am hoping to share my experience of applying and I hope you can relate. If you have any questions then please post below .

MY APPLICATION STORY
I looked around at least 10 Universities and ended up applying to some Business Management and Marketing courses whilst others were Marketing Management. Therefore, it can sometimes be difficult to make your personal statement not overly specific whilst showing your genuine interest for one area. So if anyone needs any advice then please ask!

With the UCAS deadline on 15th January 2018 you need to ensure your personal statements are being written and references are underway but please do not stress. Universities just want to hear about you, your experiences and why you want to study your chosen subject in higher education - so be yourself.

TOPS TIPS FOR MANAGEMENT RELATED PERSONAL STATEMENTS

Unique opening sentence
Use a real life/industry example
Link to your experience
Show off the skills you have learnt from a range of extra-curricular activities
Understand the importance of your chosen subject in today's world - link to current issues
Concentrate on your strengths
What you can bring to University
Ensure it flows
Get someone to proof read but make sure it still is your voice
Read it aloud

IN SUMMARY

Be yourself and write honestly and accurately. Universities are interested in YOU so I wouldn't think too much about trying to appeal based on what you think Universities want to know because a mixed and diverse University is the best!

NEXT STEPS

If you would extra guidance on personal statements then make sure to attend our Personal Statement Masterclass at Lancaster University on 3rd December 2018 http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/events/bu...nt-masterclass.

Let's start asking questions!!!! I am here to help.:thumbsup:

Rebecca
LUMS Student Ambassador
Last edited by Lancaster University Student Ambassador; 2 weeks ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
why do you keep reposting this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.34%
No (202)
72.66%

Watched Threads