Applying to different university for first year

Watch
BonBon2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Could someone explain to me how uni transfers from the first year into the first year of a different uni works. Apply to ucas etc.
Does the university have to make a ucas account also?
Do they accept you on the condition you get a first or a 2.1? for first year at different university for the same course.
How likely is the application to be successful, do they discriminate you against someone applying from a levels?
And lastly is a level requirement taken into consideration for that course or would having a 2.1 or a First be enough even if you didn't meet the a level requirements for that uni.
if you can answer any of these questions it would be helpful thanks.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BonBon2)
Could someone explain to me how uni transfers from the first year into the first year of a different uni works. Apply to ucas etc.
Does the university have to make a ucas account also?
Do they accept you on the condition you get a first or a 2.1? for first year at different university for the same course.
How likely is the application to be successful, do they discriminate you against someone applying from a levels?
And lastly is a level requirement taken into consideration for that course or would having a 2.1 or a First be enough even if you didn't meet the a level requirements for that uni.
if you can answer any of these questions it would be helpful thanks.
[ You apply through UCAS as normal. I.e now of you want 2019].

Does the university have to make a ucas account also? [ not sure what you mean? the Uni deals with tens of thousands of applications a year.

Do they accept you on the condition you get a first or a 2.1? for first year at different university for the same course.[ They can accept you on the basis of your A levels or where the application isnt strong then they can also take into account results from your current year. If good enough they might consider 2nd year entry.]

[ Its just an application., they treat it on its merits. ofc you dont tell us where].

And lastly is a level requirement taken into consideration for that course or would having a 2.1 or a First be enough even if you didn't meet the a level requirements for that uni. [ they will look at all your application, but weak A levels may be overcome if you have excellent first year exams. They will take into consideration both.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (36)
29.51%
No (86)
70.49%

Watched Threads