?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Na
Last edited by Shhhofiq; 1 year ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Shhhofiq)
I got caught driving with no insurance on 27th August but I didn’t know I wasn’t insured. Insurance ran out on the 20th but I wasn’t the policy holder so the letter/email wasn’t issued to me, but at the time of getting stopped I genuinely thought I was insured n told the officer that too.

I’ve been told with driving charges they have to charge you within 6 months or it’s done & they usually get back to you within the first 3 months. It’s now been over 3 months so I’m just wondering what will happen?

Also I know somebody that got away with it for the same reason, literally nothing happened to them and it’s been over a year. Need advice or some assurance.
They may have decided not to prosecute.
Have you taken any legal advice? If he is a member of the AA or RAC they normally have a legal advice helpline.
You can also see a criminal solicitor for initial advice at least.

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/
Shhhofiq
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
They may have decided not to prosecute.
Have you taken any legal advice? If he is a member of the AA or RAC they normally have a legal advice helpline.
You can also see a criminal solicitor for initial advice at least.

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/
Thanks for replying. I don’t really want to get any solicitor just in case something brings it back up for them and they decide to prosecute me if you know what I mean lol but you’ve given me some hope so thanks🙌🏾😂
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got caught driving with no insurance on 27th August but I didn’t know I wasn’t insured. Insurance ran out on the 20th but I wasn’t the policy holder so the letter/email wasn’t issued to me, but at the time of getting stopped I genuinely thought I was insured n told the officer that too.

I’ve been told with driving charges they have to charge you within 6 months or it’s done & they usually get back to you within the first 3 months. It’s now been over 3 months so I’m just wondering what will happen?

Also I know somebody that got away with it for the same reason, literally nothing happened to them and it’s been over a year. Need advice or some assurance.
Right... so the policyholder (who's car this is) neglected to tell you that the insurance had ran out? I don't buy it.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
I don't buy it.
Neither did the policy holder it seems. A dysfunctional family, maybe?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
:laugh: :laugh:
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
PRSOM.
Shhhofiq
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Dysfunctional family? Why assume things? Seems like you’re dysfunctional🤷🏽*♂️
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So, this means their policy wasn't renewed. Which you have to opt out of, or there was a missed insurance payment which the policyholder would've been aware of either way.

How did he/she forget?
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dysfunctional family? Why assume things? Seems like you’re dysfunctional🤷🏽*♂️
That wasn't an assumption. It was an evidence-based assessment. Only a dysfunctional set-up would fail to discuss such an important matter.
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That wasn't an assumption. It was an evidence-based assessment. Only a dysfunctional set-up would fail to discuss such an important matter.
I get the impression this thread is bait. But that's just based on how stupid it is and I don't know why I'm coming to that conclusion when I've seen worse that has transpired to be true.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (725)
33.82%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (920)
42.91%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (406)
18.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed