kimseokchan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
In the context of India 1840s-1947 how far can independence be accredited to Gandhi’s campaign of Civil Disobedience of the 1920s and 1930s.

I need help. I have no idea what other factors to include. I was thinking the role of the british government, Muslim league and congress and finaly the last part is gonna be on Ghandi.

GUYS I NEED HELP

HELP ME PLZ
Amreeces
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I woud defo include
british goverment - 1929 it was a labour gov that softened attitudes
Muslin league- Jinnahs attitude and negotiation behind the scenes
communal riots in calcutta in 1936 made british realise they cant handle india
ww2 is a major factor as UK was in alot of debt especially to america. Churchill borrowe money from roosevelt under the condition that the atlantic charter was signed. This sated independence must be given to the uk's empires including india. India costed alot to run and uk had neither the time or money to focus on india (demonstated bt the bengal famine)

I would write the Gandhi paragraph first as i would disagree with the statement. Gandhis CD campaign did represent some hundus views and allowed congress to be well respected and heard by the britsih. It rasied awarness on the issue sof british ruke and shed the british the general represntation of how hindus feel whethee that is purn swaraj or dooninion statsu. However gandhi didnt repreeent the muslims or the sikhs as well as he stated he represented the untouchabes but he didnt as came from a high class and ddint understand their struggles. This is more background then directly related to the questtionn.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (3)
9.68%
Virtual campus tours/open days (5)
16.13%
Live streaming events (1)
3.23%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (2)
6.45%
A uni comparison tool (10)
32.26%
An in-person event when available (10)
32.26%