(Original post by The Assassin)
Got an AC for tomorrow -- anybody else?
Did they only give you one day notice ?
KPham
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Which city that you are going to have the ac in?
Type-IV
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Let us know how it goes please and what tasks you did. Also good luck
DiamondArtist
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi I just recently got an offer from BDO so if anyone wants any tips I'll gladly help :-) I applied to school leaver but I did a grad BDO Assessment centre because of a space being open after someone dropped out - so I was invited the night before the AC. I've also got 3 other offers if anyone wants help on any other application processes.
1898ghd
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by DiamondArtist)
Hi I just recently got an offer from BDO so if anyone wants any tips I'll gladly help :-) I applied to school leaver but I did a grad BDO Assessment centre because of a space being open after someone dropped out - so I was invited the night before the AC. I've also got 3 other offers if anyone wants help on any other application processes.
Hi, I have a video interview to do in the next 5 days for a school leaver position, please could you provide some tips and advice. Thanks
purplegown
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi, I've just been told I passed the online tests and invited to do the video interview. Could you help me with some tips for it? I'll send you a PM
(Original post by Kris_94)
Hey guys,

I've been invited to an AC at the end of March for a Tax Graduate position. Has anyone else got one coming up/already done theirs? If so, are their any specific tips?

I can help with the video interview ect if anyone still needs help with those.

Thanks
irma_01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Congratulations! I’ll have an AC at the end of March for a tech risk assurance graduate programme and would appreciate any insight that you can offer into your experience
Emily919
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi I have AC coming on next week, would you please give me some insights of the AC? I would very appreciate your help
(Original post by purplegown)
Hi, I've just been told I passed the online tests and invited to do the video interview. Could you help me with some tips for it? I'll send you a PM
DiamondArtist
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The first exercise is a group exercise where you have to discuss how to improve an event. During the discussion, the AC leader keeps adding information and causing problems so they're assessing how you respond to change. The group exercise pauses for senior partner presentations and then it carries on again. Tips for this is to make sure you speak and that what you say is relevant and good. I'd also try and build on other people's ideas to show that you work well in a team. I chose not to be a timekeeper during the exercise because I didn't want to focus too much on the time but if you can do both it can be a good thing to be.
Then it was lunch where more grads joined before the individual exercises began. The first for me was the interview. The interview was partly relaxed but my interviewer did grill me on a lot of answers and I think it was to see how I would react and answer but it definitely made me feel like it didn't go well, even though my feedback said it did.
Then it was a written exercise of replying to an email. This is related to the group exercise and each of us got different emails to respond to but you have 30minutes to reply. I made sure my reply was structured and had the same tone of voice (formal) as the letter I got. Most of us wrote around a page as a reply.
Then its the presentation, which is basically presenting on your own the plans made from the group exercise. This was what I got the best feedback for in being calm and having it be structured. You get 20 minutes to plan before you have to present and so I'd use this time to organise your notes and then put them in an order that will flow well. The questions they ask you depend on your event and your presentation but they were pretty simple and were just connecting ideas from your presentations.

Hope this helps! :-)
(Original post by irma_01)
Congratulations! I’ll have an AC at the end of March for a tech risk assurance graduate programme and would appreciate any insight that you can offer into your experience
Emily919
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Emily919)
Hi I have AC coming on next week, would you please give me some insights of the AC? I would very appreciate your help
Hi, the video interview is actually not difficult. there are 9 questions, all strength based. I don't exactly remember all of that, but I remember the below questions:
1. Describe the daily activity that you most enjoy doing
2. Why receiving feedback is important
3. why it is important to understand how BDO make profits

They will give you 30 sec to prepare and 90 secs to answer. Just be confident and speak clearly. Good Luck!
irma_01
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thanks so much, really appreciate you sharing the experience!
The first exercise is a group exercise where you have to discuss how to improve an event. During the discussion, the AC leader keeps adding information and causing problems so they're assessing how you respond to change. The group exercise pauses for senior partner presentations and then it carries on again. Tips for this is to make sure you speak and that what you say is relevant and good. I'd also try and build on other people's ideas to show that you work well in a team. I chose not to be a timekeeper during the exercise because I didn't want to focus too much on the time but if you can do both it can be a good thing to be.
Then it was lunch where more grads joined before the individual exercises began. The first for me was the interview. The interview was partly relaxed but my interviewer did grill me on a lot of answers and I think it was to see how I would react and answer but it definitely made me feel like it didn't go well, even though my feedback said it did.
Then it was a written exercise of replying to an email. This is related to the group exercise and each of us got different emails to respond to but you have 30minutes to reply. I made sure my reply was structured and had the same tone of voice (formal) as the letter I got. Most of us wrote around a page as a reply.
Then its the presentation, which is basically presenting on your own the plans made from the group exercise. This was what I got the best feedback for in being calm and having it be structured. You get 20 minutes to plan before you have to present and so I'd use this time to organise your notes and then put them in an order that will flow well. The questions they ask you depend on your event and your presentation but they were pretty simple and were just connecting ideas from your presentations.

Hope this helps! :-)
Fengxueyueer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello may I ask how many days did you wait for the invitation

(Original post by sarah_145)
Just done my BDO online tests - and got invited to the Strength based interview!

I applied for the London Public Sector Assurance Scheme!

Does anyone have any tips or advice for the interview stage?
BEllenK
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have an confirmed offer from BDO so if anyone would like any info/ advice I would be happy to help
BeerWiz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by BEllenK)
I have an confirmed offer from BDO so if anyone would like any info/ advice I would be happy to help
Tips for being successful at the AC and what were some of the surprising/challenging interview questions?

Also best way to answer the questions: How does BDO make profit?
DiamondArtist
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by BeerWiz)
Tips for being successful at the AC and what were some of the surprising/challenging interview questions?

Also best way to answer the questions: How does BDO make profit?
The worst question for me was when had you received critical feedback and how did it make you feel? I found it difficult because I had never really received critical feedback or focused on how it made me feel/ actually tried to improve it. Another was 3 weaknesses because I had only prepares for 1.

I think a good answer for profit is working with their clients. if you're working with each other then the clients are going to stay with BDO = profit. also working with them (for audit) means that they could be more willing/ quicker at giving the relevant info so you can save time = less money on employees = profit. I've not been asked that question before though 😅
BeerWiz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thanks DiamondArtist,

Was there anything you did that you think made you particularly stand out and get the offer?
DiamondArtist
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I got told that my presentation was one of the best in the group (of grads when I'm a school leaver) because I was calm and it flowed a lot better than others. I think I managed to do this because I used the prep time better than the others did? I made notes from my rough notes during the group task with everything I thought was relevant. I then rewrote the notes again but in an order and I used a different colour for stats to make sure I mentioned them. The others tried writing a full script but they ended up crossing things out and rewriting them so they didn't manage to put everything necessary in the script. This meant they had to take their really rough notes with contradicting info and make a presentation out of it, which probably made them panic. My notes meant that I didn't have to read off my paper and I wasn't panicking that I didn't include something.

I also got told that they liked how much research I had done of the company, industry and role because it reassured them that I wasn't doing this randomly because I had no other choice. This included having questions for the assessors after each task.
(Original post by BeerWiz)
Thanks DiamondArtist,

Was there anything you did that you think made you particularly stand out and get the offer?
uniquestar
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi DiamondArtist,Thank you for providing a lot of important information for us. Those are very helpful. I still want to ask do you remember all of the questions they asked during individual interview and presentation? Can you list of them? In addition, how didi you structure your presentation? Did you divide into different part like introduction, main body and conclusion?Thank you very much!
DiamondArtist
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I can't remember many of the questions but I can try. I found that doing any interview questions and speaking out loud my answer really helped me learn how to respond coherently when on the spot so you should try that as well.
- Why BDO (obviously)
- Why {your service line} (again obviously)
- Who would you go to for support or help in a project?
- 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses
- When have you received critical feedback and how did you feel?

For the presentation, I didn't divide into parts like that but for each review, I gave my corresponding thought process and the activity I thought best. I then did my budget at the end with only some base prices being mentioned before to tie it all together.

(Original post by uniquestar)
Hi DiamondArtist,Thank you for providing a lot of important information for us. Those are very helpful. I still want to ask do you remember all of the questions they asked during individual interview and presentation? Can you list of them? In addition, how didi you structure your presentation? Did you divide into different part like introduction, main body and conclusion?Thank you very much!
extraice
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi - I have been invited to complete the first online test, the situational strengths test. I know this might seem obvious to some but I have failed a couple of online assessments based on these (I think, as I believe I did well in the numerical tests) - I was wondering if you know what strengths BDO are looking for to be reflected in these tests? ie. if a question about taking on a new project comes up and they mention scenarios of working independently and working as a team, what is more important to BDO? If you have any tips or can recall any of your answers from the situational strengths that would help a lot, as I believe these are a bit more of a grey area as opposed to clearly right or wrong numerical and reading tests.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)