Is there anybody who had been scammed by the Whitebox Studio/ Simply model in London

Watch
AgataCh.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am looking for people who had been scammed by the modeling agency Whitebox Studio in London. I had been there two months ago, they promised to me guaranteed job after if I will buy portfolio. After that they stopped contact with me. They send me Webfolio which is not complete even doesn't look professional. I would like to write complain to consumer rights advocate. But I need help people who had been scammed with the same system like me. It will be really helpful to take my money back from them. It would helpful for the people if someone would like to reclaim money.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AgataCh.)
I am looking for people who had been scammed by the modeling agency Whitebox Studio in London. I had been there two months ago, they promised to me guaranteed job after if I will buy portfolio. After that they stopped contact with me. They send me Webfolio which is not complete even doesn't look professional. I would like to write complain to consumer rights advocate. But I need help people who had been scammed with the same system like me. It will be really helpful to take my money back from them. It would helpful for the people if someone would like to reclaim money.
If you used your credit card, you might be able to get your money back. If it was a debit card, then the chances are slim. The way these companies operate is that they just charge you for photos. That's what the contract usually says. Their verbal promises mean nothing if you don't have any solid evidence.
AgataCh.
Rep:
?
Is exactly how you are saying. Sorry about my language. I don't speak english well. I Have their promises about job but not on the paper. I had been there with one person who should translate me everything. But anyway .. they have got my signs on the paper that I agreed the terms and condition that I am not able to cancel or reduce the goods. Thats why my bank have to send them money back. I need people like me who were there and can help me to save my money. If I will find more people. All of us have a chance to win.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is exactly how you are saying. Sorry about my language. I don't speak english well. I Have their promises about job but not on the paper. I had been there with one person who should translate me everything. But anyway .. they have got my signs on the paper that I agreed the terms and condition that I am not able to cancel or reduce the goods. Thats why my bank have to send them money back. I need people like me who were there and can help me to save my money. If I will find more people. All of us have a chance to win.
If you used your credit card, all you do is just need to contact your bank and cancel the payment.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...025784&page=26 This thread may help.
You can also report them to action fraud and trading standards..
AgataCh.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
If you used your credit card, all you do is just need to contact your bank and cancel the payment.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...025784&page=26 This thread may help.
You can also report them to action fraud and trading standards..
Yes, I did it already 2 months ago. My bank refund me my money, and they start doing investigation. This agency send the paper where I left all of my signature and I agreed for everything thats why m bank cannot keep my money and they have to send them back. Thats why only one way to win is to find the people who has got same problem like me to be honest for a bank to proof that I have a right.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, I did it already 2 months ago. My bank refund me my money, and they start doing investigation. This agency send the paper where I left all of my signature and I agreed for everything thats why m bank cannot keep my money and they have to send them back. Thats why only one way to win is to find the people who has got same problem like me to be honest for a bank to proof that I have a right.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5568436
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/whiteboxstudios.net
Take a look at post #9 and the posts below it... Not sure how will that help your bank though. Some of these companies operate legally, unfortunately. it's a very grey area of law.
AgataCh.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5568436
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/whiteboxstudios.net
Take a look at post #9 and the posts below it... Not sure how will that help your bank though. Some of these companies operate legally, unfortunately. it's a very grey area of law.
thank you for your help
Nehasohail
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was almost scammed by whitebox studios...they sent me a welcoming package stating that the shoot will take place in Marylebone ARCHWAY studios, but when we arrived it was in a alley way on top of a pub with whitebox studios on the door...their company was called models inc...when i enteted there was a real good vibe and everyone was lovely making you feel comfortable but that was just part of their routine. They claimed I was succesful saying only 2% pass...after they offered me 3 levels of which being various prices to purchase a portfolio; the only difference was the amount of photos it comes with. They wanted £3600 for the highest level...don't go with them clearly a scam they just want your money.
Last edited by Nehasohail; 1 year ago
SelinaBagale
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nehasohail)
I was almost scammed by whitebox studios...they sent me a welcoming package stating that the shoot will take place in Marylebone ARCHWAY studios, but when we arrived it was in a alley way on top of a pub with whitebox studios on the door...their company was called models inc...when i enteted there was a real good vibe and everyone was lovely making you feel comfortable but that was just part of their routine. They claimed I was succesful saying only 2% pass...after they offered me 3 levels of which being various prices to purchase a portfolio; the only difference was the amount of photos it comes with. They wanted £3600 for the highest level...don't go with them clearly a scam they just want your money.
Hey!! so I recently got approached by them, they called themselves models inc? I should’ve read this stuff before but I’ve paid a £100 deposit. Do you think I have any chance of getting it back or is that my money gone?
AgataCh.
Rep:
?
(Original post by SelinaBagale)
Hey!! so I recently got approached by them, they called themselves models inc? I should’ve read this stuff before but I’ve paid a £100 deposit. Do you think I have any chance of getting it back or is that my money gone?
You have no chance!! They are scammer !! I'm trying to get my money back from them. But it is not that easy ! Don't waste your time with them it is a fraud !!
rovalq
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello, I was looking dor the Whitechapel Studio and I saw your post. Is there any chance we are talking about the same place. The scam happened with me but it was under the name Whitechapel Studio and Parway. I've paid they in 2 different accounts. Please let me know. I am desperate as she got my money even after reading herself my boss's message firing me! I dont know how she can sleep. Her name is Sandra. Thank you,Roberta
AgataCh.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I am afraid, that You not gonna take your money back. As I couldn't as well. I had to accept the fact that I lost a lot of money. What I have done? I reported them to the police, my bank.. and also the most important. ACTION FRAUD. Till now.. I have no answer about any progress. Because by my own signed underneath the one key point which was about: I understand all of the above...... and I'm not gonna claiming about the product. etc.. Only one thing what I can say is... I hope so that in the future God will judge them justly. If there is anything else that I can help You somehow, let me know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (59)
62.11%
No (18)
18.95%
Not sure (18)
18.95%

Watched Threads