djash45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, Im currently in the process of joining the Royal Navy and i am currently studying Aerospace Engineering With Flybe however this will have no relevance when im in the navy. As the military liscences are completely different. The process of joining up can take months my question is do i stay and carry on studying this which has no relevance or do i go and seek a full time job until the application process is completed? Thanks Dylan
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How long is your study period with Flybe? What qualification do you receive? What job roles could this lead to? Why the RN? Why air engineer? What’s the guarantee of selection if you leave studying and then end up in this temporary full time job?
djash45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Study period with Flybe is 4 years however I’m 1.5 years through I don’t enjoy the course, the job roles it can lead to are being a b1.1 licensed civilian aircraft engineer but needs a further 3 years training to gain the license, I want to join the navy to travel the world and meet many friends for life, Air engineer as I’m really really interested in military aircraft ever since I was a young kid, if I wasn’t to get into the navy then I would settle for the Rating air engineer and if that was to fail then my final option would be to join the RAF, and if all fails I’ll do an apprenticeship manufacturing engine components for rolls Royce, Pratt and Whitney etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (13)
100%
No (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed