The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubblelicious
Don't be so harsh. He's only 16 years old. Many 16 year olds do dumb things especially for the prospect of easy money and are not aware that their bank account will get closed or of fraud markers or not being able to get a mortgage etc. Some of those who coerce the younger and vulnerable into it just say it's a simple harmless "bank transfer", these are fraudsters for a living who know how to trick people.

OP you can still go to university and you can still get paid student finance, you will just have to use an online bank now like Monzo or Pockit. You will have your own sort code and account number so can still get your job wages and student finance paid into it. Student finance do not look at CIFAS markers you just need a sort code and account number.

As for a mortgage (a house) a CIFAS marker lasts for 6 years, so you will be 22 when it is removed and at that age you won't be applying for a mortgage. Very few people are in the financial positions to obtain a mortgage fresh out of uni.

You won't be able to have an overdraft though. Not sure about credit cards. You will have to be wise with your money using a debit card.

You telling me 16 year olds regularly do fraud?
Reply 21
Original post by anonymous1231231
You telling me 16 year olds regularly do fraud?

no but i am
Original post by eez
no but i am

youths nowadays.
Reply 23
Original post by anonymous1231231
youths nowadays.

uhuh
Reply 24
There are alot of threads across various financial and legal forums created by young people tricked into committing fraud.

People do this sort of thing all the time.
Reply 25
Original post by eez
Being 16 isn't an excuse lmfao, cmon, if someone is offering you free money and you're deadass dumb enough to be like "haha yea this sounds legitimate!" somethings wrong...

The thing is; there are ways of getting free money online...
Reply 26
Original post by Reue
The thing is; there are ways of getting free money online...

no theres not lmfao
Reply 27
Original post by eez
no theres not lmfao

Ok then
Reply 28
Original post by Reue
Ok then

free money isnt a thing, i dont get why people are so delusional thinking it does
Reply 29
Original post by eez
free money isnt a thing, i dont get why people are so delusional thinking it does

Believe what you want then
Original post by eez

as my great father said, nothing in life is free.
Reply 31
Original post by Reue
Believe what you want then

tell me whos giving out free money?
Reply 32
Original post by eez
tell me whos giving out free money?

There are plently of companies giving out free money purely for signing up with them etc.
Reply 33
Original post by Reue
There are plently of companies giving out free money purely for signing up with them etc.

please inform me as to whom these people are
Reply 34
I completely agree. It is a massive problem and one not solved by criminalising young people who may be tricked into it.
Reply 35
Original post by eez
please inform me as to whom these people are

www.topcashback.co.uk

Knock yourself out mate.
Original post by Reue
There are alot of threads across various financial and legal forums created by young people tricked into committing fraud.

People do this sort of thing all the time.

It doesn’t seem like he was tricked though; he only labels himself as naive because he didn’t think he would be caught and was unaware of the consequences. I could be wrong.
Reply 37
Lets not get silly now, it's as free as anyone would ever sensibly consider.
Reply 38
Original post by Reue
www.topcashback.co.uk

Knock yourself out mate.

thats not free money? its a hyped up affiliate scheme. are you that delusional to think they're just giving random people free money? lmfao some people really need to work on their common sense...
Reply 39
Original post by eez
thats not free money? its a hyped up affiliate scheme. are you that delusional to think they're just giving random people free money? lmfao some people really need to work on their common sense...

I consider spending 1 minute signing up for something in exchange for a cash payment to be as close to 'free money' as you're ever gonna get.

Perhaps our perceptions are different? I think my common sense is just find though, and my bank account reflects that.

Latest

Trending

Trending