The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abaddon rex
What truth, you mean your version of the truth as you see it.
Equating animals with humans is just not a fair comparison but you will obviously never accept anyone else opinion even though you are raging at those who don’t agree with your views so it’s seems being a militant means losing your ability to be objective.

Ughhh no not this stinky whore again.

Do you say the same to people who are outraged about trophy hunting? Do you tell them that they should respect a trophy hunters opinion? anti trophy-hunters don't accept a trophy hunters opinion and are raging at them for not agreeing with their views.
Original post by poshiew
Ughhh no not this stinky whore again.

Do you say the same to people who are outraged about trophy hunting? Do you tell them that they should respect a trophy hunters opinion? anti trophy-hunters don't accept a trophy hunters opinion and are raging at them for not agreeing with their views.

The difference again is in intent trophy hunters kill animals for no intrinsic profit that is very different to killing an animal to eat it.
I would say why don’t you scuttle of and talk to your friends but we ate probably the closest thing to friends you have outside of your circle of Dudley do rights
Misread the title as militant virgins. I'll see myself out :getmecoat:
The difference again is in intent trophy hunters kill animals for no intrinsic profit that is very different to killing an animal to eat it.
I would say why don’t you scuttle of and talk to your friends but we ate probably the closest thing to friends you have outside of your circle of Dudley do rights

So you don't respect peoples opinion that trophy hunting is ok because it has an effect on a few animals. However, you expect me to respect peoples opinion that its ok eat a certain food and wear certain clothes that caused the unnecessary suffering of billions of animals each year?

You are outraged about a few thousand animals getting killed by hunters while you support the suffering of billions of animals each year and you think that should be respected? ohh and just to let you know the animals that are hunted don't suffer nearly as much as the billions of animals that are held in these factory farms.

Just bore off you nasty narrow minded hypocrite. :angry:
Original post by poshiew
So you don't respect peoples opinion that trophy hunting is ok because it has an effect on a few animals. However, you expect me to respect peoples opinion that its ok eat a certain food and wear certain clothes that caused the unnecessary suffering of billions of animals each year?

You are outraged about a few thousand animals getting killed by hunters while you support the suffering of billions of animals each year and you think that should be respected? ohh and just to let you know the animals that are hunted don't suffer nearly as much as the billions of animals that are held in these factory farms.

Just bore off you nasty narrow minded hypocrite. :angry:

I never said I was outraged I said I didn’t agree with it becoming angry about solves nothing. Secondly the difference one kills for enjoyment the other kills for food it is totally different, you seem to think treating other people badly is ok but not ok to treat animals badly yet you claim both are equal to you.
Oh dear I just proved who the real hypercrite is and surprise surprise to answer is nearly friendless nick.
I never said I was outraged I said I didn’t agree with it becoming angry about solves nothing. Secondly the difference one kills for enjoyment the other kills for food it is totally different, you seem to think treating other people badly is ok but not ok to treat animals badly yet you claim both are equal to you.
Oh dear I just proved who the real hypercrite is and surprise surprise to answer is nearly friendless nick.

Ohh ok well I don't agree with you eating meat. And both kill for enjoyment as you don't need meat to survive so you are only eating it because you ENJOY the taste of it.

So are human rights activist who claim all humans are equal that treat nazis badly hypocrites? Going by your logic that is exactly what you are saying.
Original post by poshiew
Ohh ok well I don't agree with you eating meat. And both kill for enjoyment as you don't need meat to survive so you are only eating it because you ENJOY the taste of it.

So are human rights activist who claim all humans are equal that treat nazis badly hypocrites? Going by your logic that is exactly what you are saying

Yes if the are human rights activists and treat Nazis badly they are hypercrites, however the difference is hatvthose Nazis would be a danger to other humans if they were allowed to act out on thier views much like you acting out on yours, have your opinion, live without eating meat all fine by me but don’t try to stuff your radical behaviour down my throat because as long as people try to force change it will inevitably cause others to dig thier heels in and demand thier right to live as they please as long as they are not hurting others. And don’t say animals are others as I am referring to other humans the law in most countries make a distinction between laws for humans and laws for animals, you wouldn’t arrest a dog or cat for trespassing, you are not allowed to murder humans you should not be cruel to animals.
Yes if the are human rights activists and treat Nazis badly they are hypercrites, however the difference is hatvthose Nazis would be a danger to other humans if they were allowed to act out on thier views much like you acting out on yours, have your opinion, live without eating meat all fine by me but don’t try to stuff your radical behaviour down my throat because as long as people try to force change it will inevitably cause others to dig thier heels in and demand thier right to live as they please as long as they are not hurting others. And don’t say animals are others as I am referring to other humans the law in most countries make a distinction between laws for humans and laws for animals, you wouldn’t arrest a dog or cat for trespassing, you are not allowed to murder humans you should not be cruel to animals.

Except the billions of animals you think its ok to be cruel to because you like the taste of their flesh.

Also you and your attitude is a threat to animals.

And its Their* and Thier. I thought you were meant to have an high IQ? Obviously that was more bs by you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by poshiew
Except the billions of animals you think its ok to be cruel to because you like the taste of their flesh.

Also you're and your attitude is a threat to animals.

And its Their* and Thier. I thought you were meant to have an high IQ? Obviously that was more bs by you.

So do you hate conservatives because they support fox hunting?
What party do you support then?
Original post by Professional G

fox is gud animal also tastes nice buyt dont eat them bbois
Original post by Professional G

Yes.

And none.
Original post by poshiew

Also you and your attitude is a threat to animals.

Wow bring up a typo great argument.
Any one remember the hunting lobby desperately trying to justify their cruel barbarity by suguesting that the numbers of foxes would rocket and that that they would become a major threat to our way of life ......
Well it has't happened. 😆😃👏👏
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Johnny English
Any one remember the hunting lobby desperately trying to justify their cruel barbarity by suguesting that the numbers of foxes would rocket and that that they would become a major threat to our way of life ......
Well it has't happened. 😆😃👏👏

Foxes have become so numerous they've moved to the cities to cause carnage with rubbish being strewn all over the place. They rarely attack people, but they're certainly not a good addition.
Original post by ThomH97
Foxes have become so numerous they've moved to the cities to cause carnage with rubbish being strewn all over the place. They rarely attack people, but they're certainly not a good addition.

I believe their numbers have declined generally but increased substantially in urban areas, can't say i've ever seen hunts in urban areas so that ain't the answer.
Original post by Tootles
Misread the title as militant virgins. I'll see myself out :getmecoat:

I expect better from you!
Original post by smhedfkuwj
That's the thing, slavery was never going to achieve stability in the long run. Unpaid labour is unproductive and hence inefficient. Now that may not be the primary reasoning for its abolishment in 1865, politics being another. I like to assume that people act out of morality, but, nevertheless, also out of expedience. I don't see eating meat as an ingredient for social disaster and thus the comparison made to slavery or rape is what I find absurd.

My definition of social stability is a societal state mostly free from systemic disorder and conflict. An economically productive enivrionment is where resources are allocated as efficiently possible. (Should change my wording to economically efficient to be honest.)

The issue here becomes fundamental - human behaviour. Selfishness combined with an instict to survive and make ourselves content at the expense of others. And in short yes, that's how society always operated, one way or another and no one will complain as long as they are reaping the benefits. We grew more tolerant, we understand the universe around us more, but our instincts are still very much present.

The comparison may sound absurd due to the fact that we draw an analogy between things from different eras and different social norms (e.g. between the times when slavery was legal and socially acceptable and the 21st century, when apparently everyone agrees with the fact that slavery is immoral).

Indeed, whether or not eating meat is desirable depends on the situation (either personal, social or even technological): Assuming we live in 2022 and in a developed country where modern technology enables its citizens to have the same or even better degrees of lives without killing other innocent species, whilst minimising (or 'trying to' minimise) its negative contribution to the environment, then I reckon it is desirable to eat less meat.

Surely, eating meat does not seem to be a fundamental necessity for most people in the U.K. anymore (unless you have some personal reasons and you must eat it to survive).

Latest

Trending

Trending