The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by SMEGGGY
Insane

Forcing people to stop eating meat never ever works. It's good that they're alienating people

That is just a complete contradiction.

Read back what you just said.
Original post by EmCharles
We need meat to feed our pets, regardless of if we eat it or not... Cats need natural Taurine, not synthetic for example. Veganism will never be a global thing.

I disagree with that - I think the whole ideals behind eating meat are incredibly outdated, kinda like religion, and slowly it’ll fade out until we’re not using animals for food anymore, but genetically modified meat. 👍🏻
Original post by literallyno
You don’t have to believe that any animal is equal to a human, just that no sentient being capable of suffering should suffer for our pleasure.

The argument I was replying to was equating humans and animals. i.e. that forcing your opinion onto a human was the same as forcing your opinion onto an animal. Your argument that other animals are sentient and shouldn't suffer is a stronger one that will resonate with more people's core values. However, we have humane ways of killing animals, and free range as well which will satisfy a lot of consciences.
Original post by slotyu
How ironic that you both condemn these so called 'nasty' vegans for forcing their opinion on people but you think its perfectly ok for animals lives to be forced away. ANIMALS TO BE FORCED TO LIVE IN AWFUL CONDITIONS, ANIMALS TO SCREM IN PAIN AND FIGHT FOR THEIR LIVES, ANIMALS TO BO FORCED TO HACE THEIR THROAT CUT BECAUSE THEY ARE SEEN TO BE NOTHING MORE THAN A PRODUCT. IT PERFECTLY OK FOR PEOPLE TO FORCE THEIR OPINION ONTO THESE ANIMALS?

Do you tell people who campaign against the yulin dog festivial to stop forcing their opinion onto people?

Ok so every one stops eating meat and after we have to slaughter thousands of animals to prevent over populating the environment what happens oh yeah they get eaten by other animals grow up you sanctimonious self righteous @$$
Original post by slotyu
Their suffering is equal as they go through the same suffering. Whether you care about that suffering or not is another thing.

Its like a person who beliefs its wrong to kill Jews being told by a nazi to stop forcing their opinions onto everyone.

You're still arguing axiomatically against people who hold different axioms to you. People will simply disagree with your first sentence and then your argument is meaningless.
Original post by ploiyt
You can say that about any moral argument. If you make a moral argument that someone doesn't agree with then it means nothing. So if you make a moral argument it wrong to gas Jews to a nazi then that means nothing.

Well, yes. The point is to try to find some common ground at a fundamental level and work from there. You believing animals and humans are equal is a fundamental, and lots of people simply disagree with that.
Reply 126
Original post by Abaddon rex
Ok so every one stops eating meat and after we have to slaughter thousands of animals to prevent over populating the environment what happens oh yeah they get eaten by other animals grow up you sanctimonious self righteous @$$

Except those animals wouldn't be enslaved in the first place and hekd in awful conditions so you wouldn't have to slaughter BILLIONS (NOT THOUSANDS YOU IGNORANT FOOL)

You grow up and educate yourself you self-entitled ignorant C U N T. :angry:
Reply 127
Original post by ThomH97
You're still arguing axiomatically against people who hold different axioms to you. People will simply disagree with your first sentence and then your argument is meaningless.

You can say that about any moral argument.
Original post by slotyu
Well in a nazis opinion Jews =/= arryan so I can use that argument

To the kkk their opinion is Blacks =/= Whites and they would think there is nothing wrong with killing blacks and going by your logic anyone that says that is wrong is forcing their opinion onto the kkk.

The difference is blacks and Jews are human and therefore self aware prove other animals are and you might have a rational argument dimlow
Reply 129
Original post by Abaddon rex
The difference is blacks and Jews are human and therefore self aware prove other animals are and you might have a rational argument dimlow

Saying that animals aren't self aware is an ignorant myth. Not surprise a narrow minded waste of space like you believes it.
Original post by ploiyt
You can say that about any moral argument.

I'm just explaining why your initial axiomatic argument was useless towards someone who fundamentally disagreed with it. Other moral arguments would have at least some common ground, but animals = humans is so fundamental you're not going to be able to change someone's mind by just repeating it at them.
Reply 132
Original post by ThomH97
I'm just explaining why your initial axiomatic argument was useless towards someone who fundamentally disagreed with it. Other moral arguments would have at least some common ground, but animals = humans is so fundamental you're not going to be able to change someone's mind by just repeating it at them.

All moral arguments are based on fundamentals.

When did I ridicule policy making?

You put forward the idea to put farmers to work as policemen, you know that won't happen, so you clearly said it sarcastically.

I just want to ask, what is your end goal? Do you honestly think we can achieve a morally perfect society? You have not thought about this issue further than eating meat=morally wrong. How are you going to feed the world with no meat, if plants also can't be consumed using vegan ideology. How are you going to control hundreds of millions of people who want to eat meat?

Other than scoring woke points and virtue signalling, can you propose a solution to this great evil of eating meat?
These radical vegans are very dangerous, should be imprisoned! They will start bombing places next
Original post by ploiyt
All moral arguments are based on fundamentals.

Well, you're incorrect that animals are equal to humans. Change my mind or I keep eating meat.
Vegans harm animals by eating their food.
Reply 137
Original post by smhedfkuwj
You put forward the idea to put farmers to work as policemen, you know that won't happen, so you clearly said it sarcastically.

I just want to ask, what is your end goal? Do you honestly think we can achieve a morally perfect society? You have not thought about this issue further than eating meat=morally wrong. How are you going to feed the world with no meat, if plants also can't be consumed using vegan ideology. How are you going to control hundreds of millions of people who want to eat meat?

Who said plants can't be consumed by vegan ideology? Plants aren't sentient beings and to say they are is just ignorance.

I believe in a few hundred years animals will not be farmed for meat. For ethnics, sustainability and environmental reason. If people are brought up in that environment I can't see many people wanting to eat animals as they never had to in the first place.

Other than scoring woke points and virtue signalling, can you propose a solution to this great evil of eating meat?
Reply 138
Original post by qwertyK
These radical vegans are very dangerous, should be imprisoned! They will start bombing places next

Factory farms are worst than concentration camps. Come and arrest me for saying that.
Original post by ploiyt
Factory farms are worst than concentration camps. Come and arrest me for saying that.

Except they are not humans....and I won't because i'm an activist for free speech, have your opinion but don't inflict it on other people.

Latest