Is the education system fair Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What role does race play in determining success in education?
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think it plays much at all. I do think however that family background is one of the most significant drivers of educational outcome and that is tied to race. In parts of the UK ethnic minorities tend to be less well off, have parents who work longer hours or single parents depending on the race. These factors impact on attainment at school much more than simply the race you are. Just today there was a report out stating that students of parents who own a home are more likely to go onto university, get a better education, get a better job and in turn own their own home. Wealth breads wealth and with it educational attainment. The challenge is to help those lower down the scale but it is hard. For example, in my school which is predominantly non-white, getting kids to read is really really hard. How can the majority access GCSE exams with a reading age of 16 when we have reading ages of around 13 or 14?
Jeffhudson92
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Education system is just full of lazy government commie teachers earning way above the value they bring. Just a load of bouncers, the lot of them. Should be put on commission, bet the education quality would rocket then wouldn’t it. Lazy bleeding pissers.
Tolgarda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Race has no role in the equation. Maybe wealth and effort do, but not race.
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Race has no role in the equation. Maybe wealth and effort do, but not race.
not even in PE , haha

....I'll just be going now :getmecoat:
Tolgarda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
not even in PE , haha

....I'll just be going now :getmecoat:
Ayye lmao.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (32)
96.97%
No (1)
3.03%

Watched Threads