The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE MSc. Marketing Applicants

Hello everyone

I've created this discussion for people applying or having an offer (later on) for 2019-20 MSc. Marketing at LSE.

Has anyone already applied and received an offer as yet?
Reply 1
Hi! I applied in late March (late, I know, due to issues with references). Haven't received any new info and my documents are still being processed on the online system. Was told I wouldn't hear back until early June :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Hi , I applied late February and I received my offer 15 days ago. But I'm planning to decline my offer at the end of the week since I also got an offer from my preferred master ! francescat_95 , You should get an answer quite soon I think ! best of luck :smile:
Reply 3
Congratulations on getting all the offers you wanted! I've had to accept and pay a deposit for KCL because LSE is taking so long! Which masters programme have you decided to accept? :smile:
Original post by basket14
Hi , I applied late February and I received my offer 15 days ago. But I'm planning to decline my offer at the end of the week since I also got an offer from my preferred master ! francescat_95 , You should get an answer quite soon I think ! best of luck :smile:
Reply 4
Hi

I applied in Feb. Received my ID in March. March 11th to be exact. It's been over 10 weeks. I haven't received any update yet. It just says that my application is under consideration. Don't know what to expect.

Original post by rashishahh
Hello everyone

I've created this discussion for people applying or having an offer (later on) for 2019-20 MSc. Marketing at LSE.

Reply 5
Also, when did you apply? How many weeks has it been? Did you finally get any update?
Original post by rashishahh
Hello everyone

Reply 6
Any updates??
Original post by francescat_95
Hi! I applied in late March (late, I know, due to issues with references). Haven't received any new info and my documents are still being processed on the online system. Was told I wouldn't hear back until early June :frown:
Reply 7
Oh that's awesome, congratulations!! Did you accept or decline it finally? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what does your profile look like :smile:
Reply 8
Hi, ajkin,
I decided to decline my offer in the end and accept my other offer at ESCP Europe. I also have a friend who applied at the same time as me and she's still waiting for an answer, it's quite strange...
I don't think my profile is outstanding academic wise. I'm graduating this year from the University of Exeter with a 2.1, but I did lots of internships ranging from 1 to 6 months all over the world (USA, Singapore, Netherlands, and France(where I'm from)). I've had several leadership positions at uni as well. I think they're looking for international people and I guess I fit the description.
Best of luck :smile:
Original post by ajkin
Oh that's awesome, congratulations!! Did you accept or decline it finally? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what does your profile look like :smile:
Reply 9
Congratulations, I hope ESCP turns out to be amazing for you! :smile: Did you have to give GRE/GMAT scores? If yes how much were yours?

Hi, ajkin,
I decided to decline my offer in the end and accept my other offer at ESCP Europe. I also have a friend who applied at the same time as me and she's still waiting for an answer, it's quite strange...
I don't think my profile is outstanding academic wise. I'm graduating this year from the University of Exeter with a 2.1, but I did lots of internships ranging from 1 to 6 months all over the world (USA, Singapore, Netherlands, and France(where I'm from)). I've had several leadership positions at uni as well. I think they're looking for international people and I guess I fit the description.
Best of luck :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by ajkin
Also, when did you apply? How many weeks has it been? Did you finally get any update?

I applied in November and received my offer at the end of Feb.
Reply 11
Hi! Yes, I received an offer from them this week and have decided to accept it :smile:
Original post by ajkin
Any updates??
Reply 12
Congratulations! I'm happy for you :smile: I applied in Feb, got my ID in March, been around 11 weeks, still no response. I'm guessing it's probably going to be a rejection.
Hi! Yes, I received an offer from them this week and have decided to accept it :smile:
Reply 13
If you don't mind me asking, what's your profile like? Did you have to give GRE/GMAT scores?
Reply 14
Hey, I've replied to the PM you sent me but don't mind putting my profile on here as well for other people wondering :smile:

I'm graduating this year in psychology from the University of Reading with past performance being in the high 2:1 to first class range. I did a placement that was heavy in statistics and market research (which I suppose was one of my best selling points) but otherwise do not have any other work experience. I also have a background in media/graphics, but otherwise I would say that's the entirety of my academic/professional background. I'm also an EU student with a very international background :smile: I was told I was exempted from the GRE/GMAT as I'm coming from a UK university.

Original post by ajkin
If you don't mind me asking, what's your profile like? Did you have to give GRE/GMAT scores?
Reply 15
Thank you! I wouldn't give up hope yet, as I've heard from a lot of people I know that they were rejected within the first 2 weeks of their application. If they're holding it for this long, they may still be deciding!

Also, did you apply for full-time or part-time? I know a guy that applied in January and didn't hear back until May as I think they take their decision for part-time applications more seriously.

Best of luck! Don't give up hope yet :smile:

Original post by ajkin
Congratulations! I'm happy for you :smile: I applied in Feb, got my ID in March, been around 11 weeks, still no response. I'm guessing it's probably going to be a rejection.
Reply 16
Full time, so I don't know what's taking them so long. Literally, everyone I know has received a response except me haha.
Thank you! I wouldn't give up hope yet, as I've heard from a lot of people I know that they were rejected within the first 2 weeks of their application. If they're holding it for this long, they may still be deciding!

Also, did you apply for full-time or part-time? I know a guy that applied in January and didn't hear back until May as I think they take their decision for part-time applications more seriously.

Best of luck! Don't give up hope yet :smile:
Reply 17
Hi guys,
Basically I got 2 unconditional offers from lse and IC for master study in marketing. However I’m in a huge dilemma which one to choose. LSE has a better global reputation in business however imperial business school also appeals to me and the course is #2 globally in the marketing field.
Lse marketing is a rather new course so I couldn’t find much information about it.

Please help me!!! If you were a student of either course, please leave a msg of advice.

Thank you!!!
Reply 18
Always choose course over college. I got into LSE, IC, Warwick, Kings and Manchester, I went with Manchester cuz of the course and also cuz of a scholarship. Lee's marketing course looks like it doesn't have much going for it expect the name. I'd say go with course ranking, and good history and faculty cuz they'll be able to help you with your career too.
Original post by ggwp123
Hi guys,
Basically I got 2 unconditional offers from lse and IC for master study in marketing. However I’m in a huge dilemma which one to choose. LSE has a better global reputation in business however imperial business school also appeals to me and the course is #2 globally in the marketing field.
Lse marketing is a rather new course so I couldn’t find much information about it.

Please help me!!! If you were a student of either course, please leave a msg of advice.

Thank you!!!
Reply 19
hi there, anyone here also applied for imperial strategic marketing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending