Can’t decide what to do. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m in my first year of adult nursing. I haven’t started placement yet and my osce exam is next week. For the past week I just feel like I’m not meant to be a nurse. I feel bad for saying seeing at I’ve only started the course in September. I already work in a hospital as a HCA so the care side to looking after a patient I can do, but learning all the educational side to nursing is just going through one ear and out the other and it making me feel stupid. The way I’m feeling at the moment is giving me bad anxiety about starting placement and being responsible for someone’s life is giving me panic attacks. I’m dyslexic so learning for me is a struggle and I’ve tried different ways to revise and take notes but it’s just not working because I end up rewriting the powerpoints. I’ve spoken to my friends and family , personal tutor and even my friend who is now in her third year of nursing, they’ve all reassured me but today I just feel like I actually can’t do this and I just don’t know what to do now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (34)
17%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (84)
42%
Nope, not that interesting (82)
41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise