How can I improve my writing?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I used to be able to write fantastic little stories, ones full of imagination and originality. Not only that, but I had a defined style when I wrote; I'm not saying it was anything extraordinary but it was something people noticed and appreciated, as did I. Years later, I haven't written as much. Whenever I try to write something, even describe it, it's not the same. It's like some part of me has broken and is now unable to produce anything interesting or substantial.

Is there any way I can get more of the style I want back? If I dedicate more of my time to writing, would that be likely to make a difference?
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Sometimes it just requires a spark, a 'Eureka!' moment to truly ignite Halliday's imaginative function of language. I'd recommend looking at what you wrote when you were younger, or adapting something you've seen from a television series or something.
Last edited by Tolgash; 3 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.52%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.41%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (24)
17.78%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
20%

Watched Threads