notbartt
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have my second paper of my mock week tomorrow and I have a rough idea of how my evening will go (looking over my notes, making a revision resource that links my texts together, reading my study guides etc.) ... but I just wanted to know what some of you like to do the night before an English exam? Do you write yourself out a full essay just to test yourself and get into the mood of the style? Or do you make flash cards etc? (If so, what do you put on them because I never know what to put on a flash card ahaha, I'm more of a colour coded document kind of guy).

But yeah my question texts tomorrow (before someone asks) are:
-Handmaids Tale + Streetcar
-The Feminine Gospels
- Unseen Prose
Success_student9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Quotes -> try and learn them
Lol I need help with Lit as well so I came here
CityofMud
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Night before is a bit too late for proper revision- I have a flip through my past essays, notes on key points and watch videos of it being acted out if it's a play.
notbartt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Success_student9)
Quotes -> try and learn them
Lol I need help with Lit as well so I came here
Learning quotes? Apart from Othello, all of my exams are open book so I don't really feel the pressure to do that. I feel like when I revise, all the quotes just seem to etch themselves into my mind with a rough idea of where they are in the book just in case I need to get the specific words.

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong though- I'll try looking at some key quotes tonight then, switch it up a bit
xavoa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
device a stratergy and then stick to it
notbartt
Rep:
?
(Original post by CityofMud)
Night before is a bit too late for proper revision- I have a flip through my past essays, notes on key points and watch videos of it being acted out if it's a play.
I like that, I think I'm going to watch some clips for Streetcar. It's not that I've left all my revision to the last minute I'm just at the point where I'm thinking... what's left to do? haha
Success_student9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh I didn’t know I do AQA and IN MY EXAMS THERE IS NO OPEN BOOK
notbartt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Success_student9)
Oh I didn’t know I do AQA and IN MY EXAMS THERE IS NO OPEN BOOK
is that GCSE? I'm pretty sure when I did my AQA GCSE that was the case for us- not too bad if you've properly studied the texts. I feel that even at A-Level where nearly all the books are given to us that I don't actually open them in the exams that much anyway!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.78%
No (645)
65.22%

Watched Threads