Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    the dirtbag has been named & shamed on social meeja. his address is now public knowledge.

His name should really be kept secret, he is under 18 and the police and mainstream media have not named him for legal reasons.

ReputationRep:
    The bully was radicalised by Stephen Yaxley-Lennon and Britain First. His Facebook page makes that clear.

ReputationRep:
    If this was two English Yorkshire lads fighting then no one would be in the slightest bit bothered .
    Sprinkle a bit of "racially motivated star dust on two 15 year old kids " and you have a national debate .
    I know kids who've had teeth knocked out ...fingers broken ...noses broken and no one was any the wiser......it's the magic of racial reform that's blown this out of all proportion .
    It's ridiculous .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny English)
    If this was two English Yorkshire lads fighting then no one would be in the slightest bit bothered .
    Sprinkle a bit of "racially motivated star dust on two 15 year old kids " and you have a national debate .
    I know kids who've had teeth knocked out ...fingers broken ...noses broken and no one was any the wiser......it's the magic of racial reform that's blown this out of all proportion .
    It's ridiculous .
    It clearly wasn’t a fight. The boy was being bullied for months. I hate this whole “WeLl iF tHiS wAs....” its said all the time, for literally everything. I wonder what would happen if it was a Syrian boy that attacked an English boy this same way?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I saw a clip of Tommy Robinson trying to justify this attack too. Doubt he would have said the same if it was his child on the receiving end :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichPiana)
    I saw a clip of Tommy Robinson trying to justify this attack too. Doubt he would have said the same if it was his child on the receiving end :rolleyes:
    Or if it was an English boy and a Syrian attacker

ReputationRep:
    It's ridiculous .
    Seriously? That’s the whole point. The reason why this video has caused such outrage is because he’s a Syrian refugee. He’s probably experienced all sorts that no child should have to experience and fled from a war-torn country to find safety and security and here he is being pinned to the ground on a playground by a bully. I agree that no child should ever experience bullying. But an “English Yorkshire lad” would have had a substantially different childhood to a Syrian refugee. There is no racially motivated star dust being sprinkled here. Just facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichPiana)
    If it was my kid on the receiving end, I’m pretty sure I’d be in jail ngl
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Captain Holt)
    If it was my kid on the receiving end, I’m pretty sure I’d be in jail ngl
    Same here ngl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackpanther93)
    What are people’s thoughts on this? Do you think the 16 year old should be charged? Or is it just one of them school-scuffles ?
    He effectively tried to waterboard him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxdmedxXx)
    Seriously? That’s the whole point. The reason why this video has caused such outrage is because he’s a Syrian refugee. He’s probably experienced all sorts that no child should have to experience and fled from a war-torn country to find safety and security and here he is being pinned to the ground on a playground by a bully. I agree that no child should ever experience bullying. But an “English Yorkshire lad” would have had a substantially different childhood to a Syrian refugee. There is no racially motivated star dust being sprinkled here. Just facts.
    Yes ...seriously . Very seriously . I don't doubt that he's come from a very dangerous war torn place either ....but that's not our fault . That's their business . I wonder how many incidents like this will happen today and won't make the headlines ...dozens probably . You need to get a grip . Everyday when I was at school there were fights far worse than this . It was normal for a mining community .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackpanther93)
    Is it really the parents fault?
    Everyone is a product of how they were raised - To a certain age, anyway. I’m not sure I’d directly blame the parents, but it’s likely they have some say in a kid with serious problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Everyone is a product of how they were raised - To a certain age, anyway. I’m not sure I’d directly blame the parents, but it’s likely they have some say in a kid with serious problems.
    Social media also suggested the attacker's mother had criminal charges for race-related assaults. So yeah, I'd say (if that's true) you can safely blame the parents.

ReputationRep:
    Yes ...seriously . Very seriously . I don't doubt that he's come from a very dangerous war torn place either ....but that's not our fault . That's their business . I wonder how many incidents like this will happen today and won't make the headlines ...dozens probably . You need to get a grip . Everyday when I was at school there were fights far worse than this . It was normal for a mining community .
    if everything that happened was reported, there would be something new every minute. Murders happen every single day, only a few are covered. Robberies happen everyday, only a hand full are covered. The ones with a 'different' story are the ones that the media covers. This boy and his sister have been bullied for months, its definitely not just a coincidence that they are child refugees. Just because attacks like this 'happen all the time', doesn't make it okay. Doesn't mean people shouldn't talk about it. Its a sad situation, people are going to feel sympathetic. I don't see the problem with that.

ReputationRep:
    It's ridiculous .
    this incident is utterly vile; way beyond a playground scuffle. the malign influence of Mr Yaxley-Lennon and his "True Brits" is clear for all to see.
    • Answer Heroes

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    He should definitely be charged with assault at the very least, regardless of his age. He knew full well what he was doing. Hope the 15 year old is OK.

ReputationRep:
    it would be nice if a nearby public school offered a full scholarship to the Syrian youngster.

ReputationRep:
    The tiny bit of respect I had for Tommy Robinson has been been thrown out of the window, **** him he is nothing more than a opportunistic taker and a fascist. He claims the bully is being attacked cus he is white yet he gets angry when other people say that this person has been attacked because he is black, he is a hypocrite.
    I always had my doubts on him and today they were confirmed

Getting bombed 24/7 and having terrorists wondering around your neighbourhood is really dangerous, I imagine the situation in Syria has improved but until you go through the experience which this young Syrian boy has been through, you will always respond like this. Try to live in a war tone zone for a month and send me back a telegraph to tell me how you are doing. The reason why this story got coverage is because the boy is a refugee, this wasn't some fight over a stupid dispute like who stole my Snickers, it was motivated by fascism and xenophobia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ساره)
    this makes me so angry and upset
    Honestly the Syrian boy just gets up and walks away breaks my heart. I keep thinking “he’s okay now people have donated and he knows people are on his side”

ReputationRep:
    A fight is not the same thing as bullying.A fight is a one off.Bullying is consistent and happens over months or years.Its also pretty damn pathetic to pick on a guy with his arm in a cast.Also the United Kingdom played quite a significant role in that war so the idea that it has nothing to do with us is stupid.We armed the rebels along with our allies the Saudis.We also intervened militarily in Libya.The Syrian rebels could be forgiven for thinking we'd do the same that time.That no doubt excaberated the situation.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.