What do I put for my income when I apply for my student credit card Watch

C_Jthedj77
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi,

I'm currently in a bit of financial situation and have decided to apply for a student credit card in order to help me out in the short term as I am positive I can pay back the money I borrowed. However I am currently in the process of applying for a credit card but am unsure what I should put for my income, I currently get my student loan and I have a part-time job to aid my studies. However, I am unsure whether I should put my wage at my part-time job for the income section or what I get from SFE or do I put both?

thank you
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by C_Jthedj77)
Hi,

I'm currently in a bit of financial situation and have decided to apply for a student credit card in order to help me out in the short term as I am positive I can pay back the money I borrowed. However I am currently in the process of applying for a credit card but am unsure what I should put for my income, I currently get my student loan and I have a part-time job to aid my studies. However, I am unsure whether I should put my wage at my part-time job for the income section or what I get from SFE or do I put both?

thank you
Have you already used a student overdraft? You ll have to check with the bank but most would only count income from jobs.
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
Have you already used a student overdraft? You ll have to check with the bank but most would only count income from jobs.
Yes, I've already used it this is my final option. I've currently applied for a Capital One Credit Builder and I've put my income as a mix of my current income and my student loan
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes, I've already used it this is my final option. I've currently applied for a Capital One Credit Builder and I've put my income as a mix of my current income and my student loan
Does your university do bridging or hardship loans? Capital one is a card marketed at lower income but it is a high rate so be sure you ve exhausted your other options first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes - I am a regular donator! (19)
6.13%
Yes - I have once or twice (20)
6.45%
I would like to... (134)
43.23%
No - I cannot give blood (74)
23.87%
No - I don't wish to (63)
20.32%