The Student Room Group

What happened here?

I got a notification on Facebook saying someone had accepted my friend request but I have sent that person a friend request, I don't even know who that Person is. The person was waving at me in messenger after accepting the friend request I never sent. I've unfriended the person but what happened here? How did I get a friend request I didn't even send accepted? It doesn't make sense.
Original post by Anonymous
I got a notification on Facebook saying someone had accepted my friend request but I have sent that person a friend request, I don't even know who that Person is. The person was waving at me in messenger after accepting the friend request I never sent. I've unfriended the person but what happened here? How did I get a friend request I didn't even send accepted? It doesn't make sense.

You might have accidentally sent one without realising it. It's really easy to accidentally press a button when scrolling.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
You might have accidentally sent one without realising it. It's really easy to accidentally press a button when scrolling.

That's what I thought had happened at first but there was no record of the person in outgoing requests area on app.
Original post by Anonymous
That's what I thought had happened at first but there was no record of the person in outgoing requests area on app.

It is a mystery
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
It is a mystery

Yep
Well it's one of these things:
1) you accidentally sent a friend request to this person
2) you sent one and then forgot about it (probably not very likely)
3)There was a glitch on Facebook
4) Someone has hacked your account

Change your password and block that person and you should be fine so don't worry about it. Its probably nothing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending