Sixth form(mocks results)

Watch this thread
ObsidianBlue
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Do sixth form often ask for mock results or do they ask for predicted grades cause i didn't get as high grades in my mock results so do you think that could prevent me from getting into my desired sixth form
callan_russell
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Mocks can sometimes determine your placement, however if you make the grades in the real exams then they will not usually matter. They look at your mock results if you fall slightly short of the grades you wished to achieve on results day.
Guarddyyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Usually, your predictions are based on your mock results (since those are the most accurate exams to that date). Your predictions shouldn't be lower than what you achieved in mocks and if you have an off-exam (let's say a C), but score A's in informal tests, they will more likely predict you an A (or a 7 since the new GCSEs >_> ).

It could prevent you from receiving an initial offer but I think most days now, sixth forms (and uni's for that matter (clearing)) will allow you to reapply when you have your results, but the requirements tend to be slightly higher and the spaces are far more limited.
Last edited by Guarddyyy; 3 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads