The Student Room Group

Poo found on every McDonald’s touchscreen tested

Scroll to see replies

I like the McCarrot sticks
Original post by lasorr
Haha get it right up the baby eaters. Especially the following omnivore p ricks: @Andrew97 @the bear @Abaddon rex

I can’t afford to eat at McDs, and you just ruin your own arguments by acting like a child if you want to be taken serious have a grown up debate and stop spouting your hideous vitriol just because other people challenge your views. You equate animal lives to human lives but they are not the same and you need to grow up instead of attacking someone because they are not mushroom munchers.
Reply 22
Original post by ChammyIRL
Even if you weren't you're not missing much. Personally, I don't get the Nandos hype :confused:

That's because you eat mild Nandos chicken, spice it up a little
Reply 23
Original post by Notoriety
Says a researcher from London Met.

They probably brought it in when they touched the screens.

He is a senior lecturer in Microbiology and holds a PhD and MSc. Show some respect.
People need to practice good hygeine at all times, including hand washing after using the toilet, and before eating food.

The truth is that there are all kinds of bacteria on everything we touch - very little of which actually has any negative effect on us. I'm almost certain that the screen of your smartphone would have the same amount of bacteria, if not more, as the screens tested here. Not only this, but things like knobs on your oven, microwave buttons, tap handles - if you looked at any of those things under a microscope they would all be absolutely filthy.

But we're more resilient than we think, thanks to the fact that we do have this weak exposure to many different kinds of bacteria. The thought of eating someone else's poo bacteria is horrific, but the fact is that we probably (in fact, definitely) do it several times a day even if we're only in our own home.

Trying to remove all bacteria won't help us in the long run.. and in general, good hand washing practices should keep us safe from the worst of it.
Original post by ThomH97
I was under the impression that anything touched by another person will have traces of faeces, urine, bacteria, cocaine etc on it. The combination of my own hygiene and my immune system will be sufficient to deal with it though. And the same goes for everyone else who isn't too chicken to venture outdoors.

Don't you go bringing common sense to this, don't you realise this is TSR? :goaway:
why would you make a thread on this?

I'm sure there are traces of fecal matter on just about everything in public. It's why we should always wash our hands.

I'd prefer not to think about this.
Original post by RivalPlayer
Looking around the web, a common response to this story seems to be along the lines of "traces of poo are everywhere; you just have to accept it". But don't you guys think this story reveals something rather unpleasant about British hygiene habits?
I've long thought that attitudes to hand washing and body hygiene in general have been poor in this country.
A lot of people (across all social classes and 57 genders) don't care about washing their hands properly and regularly despite living in a country where soap and hot water is easily accessible.

The number of men I see leaving the toilet without washing their hands (sure, they've done a wee rather than a poo) is horrifying. But regarding 'traces' of things, I don't presume soap is 100% effective anyway so I'm not expecting everything to be surgically sterile even if everyone does have my levels of hygiene.
Original post by Notoriety
Says a researcher from London Met.

They probably brought it in when they touched the screens.

OMDs :rofl: so wrong
Original post by Just my opinion
Easy answer is is use your forefinger knuckle.

This report should be no surprise though as McDonald's can't even organise the building so that the toilet doors open outwards negating the need to touch any handles after you've washed your hands on the way back in to the restaurant to eat your food.
This should be a basic requirement for any restaurants where you don't use cutlery, and are expeced to eat food with your fingers.

that's what I do

What a lot of people on the thread don't seem to be getting is that the reason it doesn't matter that you touch surfaces covered in other peoples crap and bogies all day is because you aren't eating with your fingers immediately afterwards.
Knowing the type of people that eat there this shouldn't be surprising...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending