The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Not sure though. Usually if you get an E and above, you get to continue. Why are you so sure that you will fail?
Reply 2
As far as i know you can fail as many units as you like as to work out your grade its an aggregation of all the points you have.

To get an E at the lowest possible level you need 6x40 points = 240 for single award vce and 12x40 points = 480 for double

However in reality teachers often dont like you to fail units and perhaps if you gfail more than two they will kick you off the course as yopu are obviously not working hard enough as it is quite dificult to actually fial a vce unit especially as you can take the exams twice.

regards mr j
Reply 3
It depends because colleges and ICT AVCE teachers vary in that some allow for negotiation where as others may have a strict policy on amount of pases or fails.
Reply 4
At my college they let all the not so good students stay even though they knew they had no chance of passing. This is why MANCAT has an average UCAS point score of just 95.
Reply 5
i know this has got nothing to do with what u r talking about, but i need some help.
im on excel and i need a formulae, i dont know who to ask, so would you be able to help me at all?
Reply 6
There are lots of formulae usable in excel spreadsheets. What kind of formulae do you mean?
Reply 7
Probably he means V-lookup and those kinds of hard forumlas?
Reply 8
kaz85
Hi

Does anyone know if you have to pass all units for AVCE ICT in year 1 to g0 on to year 2?. I heard you could fail up to 2 units in year 1.

Thanks

Kaz85

why u dont just ask ur teacher boggles my mind :confused:
Reply 9
The teacher should know. If you get a an ASVCE grade of E and above, you can usually continue on the course.

Kaz, why are you worried that you will fail? The course is not that hard, it's managable.
Reply 10
NO i know most peopl in my year failed about 2 its done on points so that one unit failed or two or what ever will just lower your overall mark for the first year i got all As and one C on an exam and that droped my mark to AB only by a couple of marks

SO NO it doesnt matter if u fail and no u dont have to pass all to take it on in the second year

well thants in my college they allow us to take the exam again or a unit again but we ahve to pay
Reply 11
If you're doing the single award, your grade will be even lower.

Latest

Trending

Trending