01aze10
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
For my A-Level I have taken Chemistry, Maths and History. Is there any chance I could take Dentistry? Please let me know, as I have wanted to be a dentist for as long as I know
astroworld
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Chemistry and Maths are examples of ideal subjects for Dentistry- Chemistry in particular. Yet, most dental schools would require/prefer a Biology A-level to be taken alongside with Chemistry. What do you think about taking Biology as another A-level or replacing Maths/History for it?
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by 01aze10)
For my A-Level I have taken Chemistry, Maths and History. Is there any chance I could take Dentistry? Please let me know, as I have wanted to be a dentist for as long as I know
Hi there,

Generally speaking universities as for Chemistry and Biology at A-level for entry onto a Dentistry degree. I've had a look at some of the courses and cannot find any that state otherwise however there are quite a few on the list, it may help for you to take a look through - https://digital.ucas.com/courses/det...micYearId=2019

You could take a related degree and the take a graduate entry conversion course in dentistry later on and some may even offer a foundation year to help you get the sciences you need.

I hope this helps, please get back in touch if you have further questions.

Thanks - Sophie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (126)
18.1%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.59%
Not great so far... (250)
35.92%
I want to drop out! (128)
18.39%

Watched Threads