Texted a girl, got ignored. Should I text her again tomorrow?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This happened earlier today. I (17M) like this girl (16F) so I texted her, trying to get to know her and the like. It went something like this:

Me: Hey

Her: hi

Me: you alright?

(No response)

Should I give it another go? I really like this girl and want it to go somewhere, which will be pretty difficult if she ignores me haha

For context it was around 9pm so maybe she thought I just wanted nudes or something?

I should also mention that I don’t think she knows what I look like? This convo was over Snapchat texts
Advertisement
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was on snapchat at nine, no clear idea of where the convo was going. Think that says it all.
I would've asked something more than 'you alright', she has no idea who you are or anything and considering she doesn't know what you look like she probably thought the convo was heading to nudes or whatever
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You messaged a random girl who doesn't know what you look like on snapchat with nothing interesting to say.

It's a write off before it's even started, really.
Advertisement
kikideekee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
don't text her again , you already look desperate enough
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Try and approach her in real life? Or try again and sound more interesting. I too would lose interest of all a guy said to me was ‘hey, you alright’. It DOES sound like you were gonna try and ask for something lol
Good luck! :-)
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Try and approach her in real life? Or try again and sound more interesting. I too would lose interest of all a guy said to me was ‘hey, you alright’. It DOES sound like you were gonna try and ask for something lol
Good luck! :-)
I would but I've left school now (she was a year younger than me)

I guess I'm just extremely bad at conversations
Anonymous #1
(Original post by kikideekee)
don't text her again , you already look desperate enough
How so?

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
You messaged a random girl who doesn't know what you look like on snapchat with nothing interesting to say.

It's a write off before it's even started, really.
What do you mean nothing interesting to say? You can't just go all in lol you need to start a conversion and get to know her. I guess it's a write off as you say, oh well then
Advertisement
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The bland "hey how are you" are the lines lads would've been texting her since she was about 12, so unless you'd captured her interest somewhat before actually texting her (as opposed to having her not know what your face looks like), then it's not really going to be something that catches interest. Just sort of signals desperation with no finesse.

In terms of what to say/ask instead in the early stages, you could try literally anything else and it'd at least come off as somewhat unique.
Ethanizer3000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
its probably beacuse ur a nonce m8
Advertisement
joanna.rys
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it doesn't sound like you have anything in common and if you don't even know her, how do you know you like her? first talk to her irl and then text her
patry27
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't bother tbh
Advertisement
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the answer is NO. have some self respect bruv. she blanked u ini.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (43)
16.17%
I'm not sure (8)
3.01%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (96)
36.09%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.5%
I'm not a current university student (115)
43.23%

Watched Threads