The Student Room Group

Bengali/Islamic marriage

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Why not? It's called the student room for a reason and it's ranged for ages like ours :smile: Reason why there is a section stated as 'Relationships'.

The relationships section is normally referring to dating rather than marriage CVs as most people on here are teens or young adults not looking to get married.
You're only 24 so you have plenty of time. You could try looking for a guy yourself and see where that leads.
Alternatively, with arranged marriage, it's not a case of you meet the person once and all of a sudden you get married. People have this misconception with arranged marriages that you meet the person and within 2 days you're already jetting off for your honeymoon. Arranged marriages can take months, if not years to consolidate.
Original post by RichPiana
You're only 24 so you have plenty of time. You could try looking for a guy yourself and see where that leads.
Alternatively, with arranged marriage, it's not a case of you meet the person once and all of a sudden you get married. People have this misconception with arranged marriages that you meet the person and within 2 days you're already jetting off for your honeymoon. Arranged marriages can take months, if not years to consolidate.

Bro, when did you become a CA?
Original post by PsychicWars
Bro, when did you become a CA?

Officially since yesterday :smile:
Officially since yesterday :smile:

That's a surprise considering your past bans. :rofl2:
Hi I am Muslim aswell and I know how it feels I don’t want to get married because I am scared you have to live with other person your life and i am 19 only not yet i am sooo scared to get married either it’s arrange or not
Why not? It's called the student room for a reason and it's ranged for ages like ours :smile: Reason why there is a section stated as 'Relationships'.

I think they mean a question related to Islam considering the vast majority here are non-muslims and would have awful advice as far as it being Islamic related.

As far as Islamic relationship advice goes, this is probably one of the worst places purely because of the sheer number of trolls and non-believers.

Again, Ummah forum is a good place to go as it is actively moderated, and it's filled with people our ages too, especially when it comes to marriage related questions 😂

'I honestly wouldn't worry about your own finances, if you're with a guy they're the one that's going to have to provide for you, so even if you don't like spending his money at the start of the marriage it will only be a few years until you empty his bank account and then some.'
I agree, I just hope they won't feel like I am a burden on them.

'Consider doing Tahajjud maybe?'
Will you be able to clarify what tahajjud is in detail, because I have always wondered if performing tahajjud is only the times when your in a real situation, not for something minor like this? Also, if you know how to perform tahajjud will you go through what you have to do please?

Lol there's no such thing as a real situation for which you should be praying to the Lord, Allah loves it when his creations worship him regardless of the situation.

TL;DR version - You wake up in the later stages of the night and do the salah then, that's pretty much the basics.

http://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-about-islam/right-way-perform-tahajjud/

This article should help you a lot more for any questions you may have.

https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=645

This one is a lot more in depth.

Hope it helped.
Original post by princess770
Hi I am Muslim aswell and I know how it feels I don’t want to get married because I am scared you have to live with other person your life and i am 19 only not yet i am sooo scared to get married either it’s arrange or not

You're 19 chill out lmao.
I am Bengali.
and I will be having 7 wives.

One for each day.
Original post by GymAkhi
AFAIK It only becomes a sin when you are in a position where you are able to get married but choose not to. If you can't get married because of the reasons you stated (such as not being financially stable, or can't find a suitable spouse) then I don't think it's a sin, as long as you're actively trying and do have the intention of marriage.

People assume that if it's an arranged marriage then you will know nothing about the person, but that's not true if done right. Whether you find someone of your own accord or have your parents find someone for you, there will be time for you to get to know the person they are so that you know what they are like.

Obviously you'd have someone with you at the time but it's not like you can't talk and get to know them. End of the day, they are the person you're going to spend the rest of your life with and raise children with insha'Allah.

The reason some parents are a bit more "urgent" with their daughters to get married is to prevent them from going down a sinful route, they feel like the longer they leave a girl unmarried the more likely she is to be tempted, so they would rather it done sooner than later because of the society we live in.

I honestly wouldn't worry about your own finances, if you're with a guy they're the one that's going to have to provide for you, so even if you don't like spending his money at the start of the marriage it will only be a few years until you empty his bank account and then some.

I know plenty of people that get married and while they're young, they live with the guys parents while they save up for a house in the future. It's probably the best way to go about things considering how house prices are now days, not to mention it allows for a lot more stability both financially and marriage wise.

Consider doing Tahajjud maybe?

The guy has to provide?

I suggest you join the 21st century..
Original post by PsychicWars
The relationships section is normally referring to dating rather than marriage CVs as most people on here are teens or young adults not looking to get married.

Who said this was about marriage CVs lol. It's just general advice and there are many my age ranges which are in the same situation :smile:

I've only turned 24 and I feel so old already, maybe why I feel like I've come to that stage. Just by saying 'you're only 24' makes me so happy lol :biggrin: I've tried looking for a guy myself and I'm really naive so I always end up looking for the wrong person. I always have wanted someone that has a good personality and they show it at the beginning and then it changes once you get to know them. It's hard finding a decent person nowadays that is wanting to get married with good intentions.
Original post by princess770

Your only 19 so don't worry about that just yet. Focus on yourself and build your empire before you find the one in sha allah.
Original post by GymAkhi
I think they mean a question related to Islam considering the vast majority here are non-muslims and would have awful advice as far as it being Islamic related.

As far as Islamic relationship advice goes, this is probably one of the worst places purely because of the sheer number of trolls and non-believers.

Again, Ummah forum is a good place to go as it is actively moderated, and it's filled with people our ages too, especially when it comes to marriage related questions 😂

Lol there's no such thing as a real situation for which you should be praying to the Lord, Allah loves it when his creations worship him regardless of the situation.

TL;DR version - You wake up in the later stages of the night and do the salah then, that's pretty much the basics.

http://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-about-islam/right-way-perform-tahajjud/

This article should help you a lot more for any questions you may have.

https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=645

This one is a lot more in depth.

Hope it helped.

Okay, I will go onto the Ummah forum, however Idc about trolls tbh lol. If others can post whatever they want on here, why can't I? I'm recieving positive advices so far so people do respect this thread I guess.

Sorry my bad, I got confused with Tahjjud and Istikaraah. I don't know how and why I got confused lol. Thank you anyways.
Original post by Mohul Ghosh
and I will be having 7 wives.

One for each day.

Lol good for you?
Original post by Andrew97
The guy has to provide?

I suggest you join the 21st century

The guy has to provide yes, but doesn't mean girls can't. The guy has more responsibility over their partners though obv, its the same in the 21st century lol.
Original post by Andrew97
The guy has to provide?

I suggest you join the 21st century..

It's 2018 and I'm posting on the 5th of December. Don't see how I'm not in the 21st century?

Clown.
Sorry my bad, I got confused with Tahjjud and Istikaraah. I don't know how and why I got confused lol. Thank you anyways.

If I remember correctly Istikaraah is good for when you're unsure and you want some sort of clarity/guidance, I might be wrong though.

I know Istikaraah is always associate with choosing a partner because it helps ease the mind and brings you to a proper decision IIRC.
Reply 39
Yes, I agree with you. 24 is quiet young and I've only just finished and graduated, so it may even take time for me to search for a job. I am not financially stable, I'm unemployed so I need to consider that. I've always have said once I am financially stable I will be ready to get married, but I would like other peoples thoughts on this. Family members have said I don't need to be financially stable to get married, but I don't want to depend on my husbands income because I will always feel bad spending his money. I just want someone that has a loving and caring attitude, and ofcourse is on their deen. I don't even mind if they haven't done a degree. Is it wrong settling down with someone that is less than you, such as someone only working in a supermarket or doesn't have a high profile? Thank you

Not to mention the money you'll need to have saved for the actual wedding. There's a lot of money involved, unless both families agree that you want to keep it minimal. I hope you've saved money throughout your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending