Facebook Last Active

Watch
sam712
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have a friend who was showing as last active on facebook around 10 hours ago, he works nights so I don't like to text too early but I need to speak to him. I logged onto facebook to check his active status and it has disappeared but it has not been longer than 24 hours. I don't think he could have changed his facebook settings. Could this be a glitch?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't try and use these things to work out when people are actually awake/there, they talk crap.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If someone hasn't been online for quite a while, their "last active" stops showing up. I don't know why.

It's not always accurate anyway. When my boyfriend's on Messenger or Facebook, if he just locks his phone without closing the app (which he does ALL the time), it flicks him onto "active" every time he gets a notification. I asked him about it because it looked like he was opening his phone to read my message, then seeing the first bit and just turning it off again - which isn't unreasonable, but sometimes the messages were important. So we experimented with it a bit, and that's what it was. Weird.

Also, if they're in bed or busy, their phone is likely on silent anyway - so send your message and they can read it when they're ready .
sam712
Rep:
?
thanks xoxAngel_Kxox for probably the most reasonable response ive had on the forum. I understand that it is not accurate (annoyingly as I think it makes a lot of people worry) but didnt think the time stamp actually disappeared so quick... I thought normally 24 hours. If only he wasnt such a light sleeper. Going to put my phone away and wait until later - thank you.
GSedgley
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn’t trust the last active thing, usually wrong for me
I was awake in the middle of the night and it was showing that my friend was online, so I rung him....he wasn’t online, was actually fast asleep and I woke him up :/
sam712
Rep:
?
GSedgley yeah I understand its not accurate. Dont want to be waking anyone up. Will be interesting to see if the time stamp appears when he does actually wake up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (96)
13.58%
I'm not sure (32)
4.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (221)
31.26%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (341)
48.23%

Watched Threads