The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster Postgraduate Applications Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi there

Once you pay your deposit you need to request your CAS. It won't be sent out automatically to you. The turnaround time is 5 days. If you haven't requested it yet you need to do so now. Please get in touch with your Admissions Officer to find out how to request the CAS. Details should be on an email you will have received from us.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by andze
Hi Kim,

I have transferred the 4000gbp deposit a month ago and also received an email which said the admission had acknowledged my money. I wonder how long after my deposit I can receive my CAS. I really want to have it early so I can apply for my visa and get everything sorted. TIA
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by Lawyergirl111
Are the the examinations including the electives open book ?

Hi there

All exams on the LPC are open book (although some may have restricted materials).

Best wishes

Kim :smile:
Original post by Lawyergirl111
Hi. I am thinking of starting the LPC in September at uni of Westminster.. I am an international student and have some questions.

1.How are the finals exam timetables set? I mean are they jammed together or are they spaced?

2. Are the facilities new or in good condition?

3. How much do LPC students have to pay for photocopying?

4. is there a 24hr library?

5. Do you all provide private shared housing that is close the the uni?

6. Are there any opportunities on the course to get to work on real cases?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi there,

If you are still interested in private accommodation we are here to help!

At Student Roost, we offer ensuites from £199 per week and it is conveniently located 22 minutes away from the campus in Regent Street. Our en-suites are larger than average en-suites offered in London (13.5 sqm) at affordable rates and flexible tenancy lengths (45-51 weeks) as well as flexible payment plans (monthly, termly and annually)

We are also offering 2 weeks free early arrival if you book with us by 31st Aug! So you better book yourself a room as rooms are selling out like hot cakes!

For more info visit our website: https://www.studentroost.co.uk/accommodation/london/mannequin-house and if you have any questions feel free to contact us!

Good luck accommodation hunting!

The Mannequin House Team- Student Roost London
([email protected])
Reply 23
HiI am planning to do my masters in Westminster Univ Marylebone campus in Entrepreneurship MSc - Sep 2020.I am currently doing my Final Year in VIT University, Vellore campus , INDIA.Vit Univ has a tie up with Westminster Univ.Can you guide me with procedure for admission.Will this tie up help me in confirmed admission. Kindly revert.
I was wondering if anyone has been able to Pre-enrol yet? I went to the applicant portal and don’t see any link etc. And when do we get timetables? (Iam doing MA English Literature)
Reply 25
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi everyone :h:

Welcome to the Westminster thread for PG students. This thread is for anyone who has applied or thinking of applying for a Master’s course at Westminster. You can use this space to start a chat or discussion. I’m also happy to answer any questions you might have about Westminster in general or living and studying in London.

Good luck with your applications.

Thanks

Kim

Hi Kim,

I'm thinking of applying for the MA Interior Design course at Westminster, part-time day/evening. Would you have any info on the split of day and evening classes? I work full time 9-5 and would like to know if the majority of classes would fall in the evening. Also, are evening classes scheduled between certain times i.e. Between 6-9pm?

Thank you!
Original post by vicky_
Hi Kim,

I'm thinking of applying for the MA Interior Design course at Westminster, part-time day/evening. Would you have any info on the split of day and evening classes? I work full time 9-5 and would like to know if the majority of classes would fall in the evening. Also, are evening classes scheduled between certain times i.e. Between 6-9pm?

Thank you!

Hi there

Here is a generic timetable for Interior Design MA.

Part Time
Year 1

Semester 1 Retail Design (Tuesday 4.30-7) + Single Introduction lecture at 2pm fourth week of September

Semester 2 Introduction to Design Computing (Tuesday 4-6), Interior Design Case Study (Wednesday tutorials 4.30-6)

Year 2

Semester 1 Decoding The Interior (Wednesday, Week 2 to 6 - lectures 2pm start, after week 6 - seminar groups 4.30-6 ), Thesis Development (Thursday 2 groups one at 2-4 the second at 4-6)

Semester 2 Thesis (Thursday 2 groups one at 2-4 the second at 4-6) appointments can be arranged with the individual tutor as some work one to one others in small groups

Hope this helps.

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 27
Hi there

Here is a generic timetable for Interior Design MA.

Part Time
Year 1

Semester 1 Retail Design (Tuesday 4.30-7) + Single Introduction lecture at 2pm fourth week of September

Semester 2 Introduction to Design Computing (Tuesday 4-6), Interior Design Case Study (Wednesday tutorials 4.30-6)

Year 2

Semester 1 Decoding The Interior (Wednesday, Week 2 to 6 - lectures 2pm start, after week 6 - seminar groups 4.30-6 ), Thesis Development (Thursday 2 groups one at 2-4 the second at 4-6)

Semester 2 Thesis (Thursday 2 groups one at 2-4 the second at 4-6) appointments can be arranged with the individual tutor as some work one to one others in small groups

Hope this helps.

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Many thanks Kim! This is really helpful.
Hi there, I've been offered a place to study MA Art and Visual Culture starting in January 2020 and I was wondering when we will receive our timetables and whether we will be able to select modules ahead of the start of term?Thank you
Original post by Sammy Maitland
Hi there, I've been offered a place to study MA Art and Visual Culture starting in January 2020 and I was wondering when we will receive our timetables and whether we will be able to select modules ahead of the start of term?Thank you

Hi Sammy

Pre-enrolment information will be sent out toward the end of November. Currently we are still waiting for enrolment and orientation timetables to be finalised from the Schools. Students will be automatically registered for any core modules. You register for your option choices when you attend your orientation session in January and your timetable will be confirmed then.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 30
Hi there, I have applied for half tuition fee scholarship for postgraduate students starting this January. Can you please tell me when will the results be out ?
Original post by Ededa1
Hi there, I have applied for half tuition fee scholarship for postgraduate students starting this January. Can you please tell me when will the results be out ?

Hi there

We will be awarding scholarships from the end of next week onwards. You should hear back by the end of November at the very latest.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 32
Hi there

We will be awarding scholarships from the end of next week onwards. You should hear back by the end of November at the very latest.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Thank you for your response Kim.
Reply 33
Hi Kim, can you please check my scholarship application status? Have you started awarding students yet? @University of Westminster
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ededa1
Hi Kim, can you please check my scholarship application status? Have you started awarding students yet? @University of Westminster

What is your name and I'll check? What scholarship did you apply for?

Kim
Hi, I applied for MA Marketing Communications for the September 2020 intake. It has been a week since I applied and was wondering when I'll hear back from the University because the other places I applied to I heard back within two days, but Westminster being my first choice I'm very anxious about it.
Reply 36
Hi Kim
I received an unconditional offer from University of westminster .
Course: Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Enterprise Development MSc - Full-time
Length of Course: 1 year
As stated in application, the course is taught in Marylebone campus - ( Opp to Madame Tussauds London ).

Is that campus correct ? Kindly clarify. Also what will be the course timings per week for PG ?.
Gopal
Original post by gopal18
Hi Kim
I received an unconditional offer from University of westminster .
Course: Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Enterprise Development MSc - Full-time
Length of Course: 1 year
As stated in application, the course is taught in Marylebone campus - ( Opp to Madame Tussauds London ).

Is that campus correct ? Kindly clarify. Also what will be the course timings per week for PG ?.
Gopal

Hi Gopal

You are correct the Entrepreneurship Development MSc is taught at the Marylebone Campus. Also, we generally have class on Mondays 10-13, Wednesdays 10-13 and 14-17 and on Thursdays 10-13. There is a lot of independent team work to do though.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 38
Hi Gopal

You are correct the Entrepreneurship Development MSc is taught at the Marylebone Campus. Also, we generally have class on Mondays 10-13, Wednesdays 10-13 and 14-17 and on Thursdays 10-13. There is a lot of independent team work to do though.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Thank you KIm
Hi Kim,

I have received an unconditional offer from University of Westminster.

Course: Investment and Risk Finance MSc - Full time - intake Sep 2020 - tuition fee 14,500 GBP

I'm an EU student and been told I classify as a home student in regards of fees. (I have pre-settled status if relevant)

My question is do I need to pay a deposit if I accept the offer? If yes, how much and when?

Also if paying my tuition fees in installments will they be 3 (33%, 33% ad 34% respectively) or 2 (50% each)? I will be applying for government loan as well, but as far as I understood that doesn't have anything to do with installments on the outstanding amount not covered by the loan.

So in general what I'm trying to find out is when and how much I'll need to pay should I accept my offer by end of Dec.

Many thanks,

Aleksandra
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending