Turn on thread page Beta

What's the best/worst christmas present you've ever had? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Christmas music is on the radio and I'm already listening to Celine Dion in the car so it must be that time of year. Everyone knows what they actually want for christmas, but when has it, or has it not gone according to plan?

Probably my best present over the years was an N64 back when I was probably around 4 or 5 years old. Easily the most incredible games console I've owned and I was the only kid in primary school with one at the time. Also, most men for christmas will get at least one aftershave/men's hygiene box, I personally love those and don't see why many don't.

The worst? Oh man. Considering some would see this as a win because I was around 9 years old - one of my great aunties bought me a box of these truffles which sounds great, until I tell you they were the alcohol filled kind. So whilst I got a sugar high off half the box, they tasted awful (or I am/was an uncultured swine). Then there's giftcards to places you would never possibly shop at, you know - the kind your gran shops at and buys you one because she's at the till and thinks you'd appreciate it more than just giving you 20 bucks.

ReputationRep:
    Best- tickets to see Rihanna at Manchester Arena. It would have been about 2009 or 10 & I was a massive fan of her at the time so I was really excited.
    Worst- this awful sweater my grandma bought me one year. With the colour & design it just looked so ugly & I hardly ever wore it. About the only times I did were a couple of times when I went to visit my grandma, just to make it look like I appreciated her gift.

ReputationRep:
    best-ps4 from a charity (for my siblings but i was still gassed for em)

worst-nothing

ReputationRep:
    You're assuming someone cares enough about me to give me a Christmas present. :rofl:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.