The Student Room Group

EPQ about mental health

Hi
I really need some ideas for an EPQ topic I am study A -level psychology and want to study it at university. so I want my subject to be related to psychology and mental health as I'm quite passionate about it but im unsure of what I should do for my EPQ related to mental health so has anybody got any ideas
thanks
I’m always slightly excited when I see people passionate about mental health.

There are so many options here. What about mental health interest you the most
Original post by ShawnRMN83
I’m always slightly excited when I see people passionate about mental health.

There are so many options here. What about mental health interest you the most

I find mental illnesses really interesting I would like to focus on really common conditions such as anxiety disorders and depression etc and to look at numbers of how many people are effected and to look at causes or to look into whether NHS treatments are effective or to see if there is links between specific learning disability's and mental health or to look at mens mental health or to look at relationships between sexuality and mental health or to look at the stigma surrounding mental health I don't know which route to go down or how to go about putting something togetour

I find mental health really interesting and im passionate about it because of my own experiences and friends experiences and I find connections and causes interesting an I just think that there is so many issues with how society and the NHS treats mental health issues.
I did mine about the effectiveness of NHS mental health services and a friend did hers about the impact of social media on mental health.
You could choose a certain category of mental health issues or an age demographic or whether a certain thing (eg diet, sleep) has a significant impact. You could look at how awareness and stigma has changed over the years and the causes of the change.
Original post by rainbowunicorn99
I find mental illnesses really interesting I would like to focus on really common conditions such as anxiety disorders and depression etc and to look at numbers of how many people are effected and to look at causes or to look into whether NHS treatments are effective or to see if there is links between specific learning disability's and mental health or to look at mens mental health or to look at relationships between sexuality and mental health or to look at the stigma surrounding mental health I don't know which route to go down or how to go about putting something togetour

I find mental health really interesting and im passionate about it because of my own experiences and friends experiences and I find connections and causes interesting an I just think that there is so many issues with how society and the NHS treats mental health issues.

Well you will need to do something easily answered by a wide group of people, so picking people based on gender would be good.
You need to narrow it down to a particular thing and be certain of your question so it has a very particular meaning.

Mental health in men is a good one, especially as men are more likely to not seek help and have a higher level of suicide, especially those aged 40 and 50. You could do a question about the number of men who felt they needed help compared to the number who sought it.
In terms of anxiety disorders, that’s harder as it comes in so many different forms (OCD, acrophobia, generalised) so if you go for that you need to be specific as to your definitions.
Original post by ShawnRMN83
Well you will need to do something easily answered by a wide group of people, so picking people based on gender would be good.
You need to narrow it down to a particular thing and be certain of your question so it has a very particular meaning.

Mental health in men is a good one, especially as men are more likely to not seek help and have a higher level of suicide, especially those aged 40 and 50. You could do a question about the number of men who felt they needed help compared to the number who sought it.
In terms of anxiety disorders, that’s harder as it comes in so many different forms (OCD, acrophobia, generalised) so if you go for that you need to be specific as to your definitions.

Thank you
Reply 6
How and where did you find the resources on the effectiveness of NHS mental health services?
Hey how did you find info on the effectiveness of the NHS?
@gracewb_93

Hi I have decided to do a similar epq
Just wondering what you spoke about in each paragraph ?

Quick Reply

Latest