The craziest match you ever watched Watch

Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
After I watched Villa draw 5 all with Nottingham Forest safe to say that were the craziest matched I watched in my life. So what has been the craziest game you ever been to or watched on TV?
Baza2002
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Craziest game I've been to:
Man Utd 3 Basel 3. Welbeck scored 2 in 90 seconds in the first half, Basel scored 3 in the second half and were 3 2 up. Ashley Young scores a diving header in stoppage time to draw 3 3.
mupsman2312
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm probably just saying this because it's fresh in my mind and I'm still buzzing about it, but Burton 1-2 Charlton on Tuesday just gone. We (Charlton) had pretty much nothing all game, and then Jason Pearce popped-up with our winner in the 88th minute from a corner (only like our second of the night - we normally get loads and don't score any!), right in front of the away end. Something about celebrating on the an away terrace behind the goal under the floodlights just feels so special - particularly when it was such a shock that we got it (Burton were definitely the better team).

Either this one, or Walsall 2-2 Charlton last season - another Tuesday night one. Ricky Holmes scored an absolute screamer of a volley in (again) the 88th minute to put us 1-2 up; and, while we were all still chanting his name, Walsall played a long ball up to Daniel Agyei to curl an equally-good screamer into the top-left-hand corner in the 89th minute - straight from kick-off. Probably the quickest and biggest high-to-low of emotions I've ever had at a football match; it made the nearly-three-hour drive home a LOT less enjoyable...

I don't really watch a lot of football on the telly - I can't really get into a game that much if it's two teams I've got no affinity to (unless it's like a potential giant-killing in the FA Cup, where I'll always route for the underdogs), and if it's Charlton then I'll almost always be there! So Charlton games are really my only experiences to go on; they probably won't be some of the craziest on this thread, but they certainly felt it at the time.
Last edited by mupsman2312; 1 year ago
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
After I watched Villa draw 5 all with Nottingham Forest safe to say that were the craziest matched I watched in my life. So what has been the craziest game you ever been to or watched on TV?
Didnt see it live but Arsenal 7 Reading 5 was lit
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Seems to be a bit of a theme here with games involving Reading...

I've seen Yaya Sanogo score a hattrick, that was pretty crazy in its self. The game wasn't bad either, Charlton 3-4 Reading with a 93rd minute free kick as the winner. Only paid a fiver for the ticket too. Then there was the game we played them in 2012 when it was 4-3 at half time and pretty much every shot went in.

On TV there is only one answer for me and that is Brazil 1-7 Germany. Most bonkers game involving United was Leicester beating us 5-3, we were comfortably winning 3-1 then suddenly Leicester scored 4. That was the game that Vardy announced himself as a PL player.
Last edited by sr90; 1 year ago
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Brazil 1 - 7 Germany

Utterly crazy match. The hype around the Brazilians pre-match was just rekt by outrageous play from the Germans
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
United 8-2 Arsenal always stands out as a bizarre one. I guess losing the derby 1-6 at Old Trafford as well although I prefer not to remember that one too often.

5-5 vs West Brom? 3-5 vs Reading with the last goal scored just after half an hour? 7-1 at home against Roma? Weve been involved in loads of completely wacky games tbh
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All the ones I could think of have already been mentioned.

Add the 4-4 with Chelsea and Liverpool in the Champions League all those years ago as well.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zürich)
Reading have been in a few games like that, I remember they lost 7-4 to Portsmouth
Guru Jason
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
8-2 United v arsenal or 3-2 United v citeh with Rooneys overhead kick.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
I remember when we drew 4 all against Chelsea about 10 years ago, we had a man sent off and they had two sent off.
mupsman2312
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Reading have been in a few games like that, I remember they lost 7-4 to Portsmouth
Was that the one where Chris Kamara described it as a "rugby score"? Gotta love great moments on Gillette Soccer Saturday (mainly from him)!
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
(Original post by mupsman2312)
Was that the one where Chris Kamara described it as a "rugby score"? Gotta love great moments on Gillette Soccer Saturday (mainly from him)!
Aye yes the proper birth of unbelievable Jeff
Caner53
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Liverpool 8 - 0 Beşiktaş
As a Beşiktaş fan it totally killed me
l.zkv
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
This years WC 100%

Russia v Spain. That was sooo tense.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
A lot it is worth to mention, but the craziest was certainly the 3-3 in 2005 when Liverpool was 0-3 behind against Milan in first half to equalize to 3-3 in second half and to win on penalty after a tremendous Champions League final.
username3883544
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
Brazil 1 - 7 Germany

Utterly crazy match. The hype around the Brazilians pre-match was just rekt by outrageous play from the Germans
I missed the first half- I was going to see the Tour de France the following day so was watching the highlights show and when I turned over and it was 5-0 could not believe my eyes.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I can remember when we drew 4 all with Chelsea and both sides had a player sent off and Gareth Barry scored a last minute penalty.
stirkee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by UWS)
All the ones I could think of have already been mentioned.

Add the 4-4 with Chelsea and Liverpool in the Champions League all those years ago as well.
yep was gonna mention that 4-4.

everton vs chelsea 3-6 springs to mind as well, that was madness :lol:

iirc diego had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside, and howard should have been sent off for deliberate hand ball too. Mad game
Last edited by stirkee; 11 months ago
username3718932
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Liverpool 5-4 Norwich, insane last 10 minutes, Norwich made it 4-4 in the 92nd minute, but Lallana scored in the 93rd, Klopp was on the pitch. ABSOLUTE SCENES!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (72)
32.73%
No I don't (104)
47.27%
I work during the holidays (44)
20%

Watched Threads