The Student Room Group

Wanting to drop out

Hi,
I started uni this year but i'm not enjoying it and really can't see myself staying. I dislike the course, where I live and the university in general. Does anyone know what I'm entitled to pay back? I want to take a year out, earn some money and restart university somewhere else next year so will need funding for that. My other problem is I live in student accommodation and i'm liable to pay for the full year, how can I pay for this if I stop getting a maintenance loan?
Need advice please, thanks
Original post by 5picyduck
Hi,
I started uni this year but i'm not enjoying it and really can't see myself staying. I dislike the course, where I live and the university in general. Does anyone know what I'm entitled to pay back? I want to take a year out, earn some money and restart university somewhere else next year so will need funding for that. My other problem is I live in student accommodation and i'm liable to pay for the full year, how can I pay for this if I stop getting a maintenance loan?
Need advice please, thanks

Hi there,

Do you know roughly when you plan to leave the course?

Warm regards,
Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Do you know roughly when you plan to leave the course?

Warm regards,
Graeme

Hi. Before starting term 2/end of term 1
Original post by 5picyduck
Hi. Before starting term 2/end of term 1

Hi there,

Alright, if you withdraw before Term 2, you won't be entitled to the second installment of Maintenance Loan, unfortunately. In terms of what you owe back, you'll likely owe the loan you've already been paid, as well as the tuition fees that the university have claimed, but the exact amount is up to them.

If you're going to withdraw, we'd recommend that you speak to your university's Finance department: they may be able to offer you help and advice.

Warm regards,
Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending